Business Controller - Medical Devices
Phillips-Medisize A/S is an expert in the design, development and delivery of advanced drug delivery devices and connected health solutions. The customers are leading pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Phillips-Medisize A/S is a part of Phillips-Medisize the Pharmaceutical and Medical Division of Molex. The company offers innovative and integrated solutions supported by an end-to-end service offering from Strategy to Launch. Read more about Phillips-Medisize A/S at phillipsmedisize.com
Do you want to make a difference as Business Controller in an international company developing medical devices?
Phillips-Medisize is looking for a Business Controller / Finance Analyst. This role will be part of our Finance organisation supporting the Danish activities within our Global Innovation and Design centre, where we run development projects of medical devices for our customers.
Project management and engineering activities developing devices for our customers count for the major part of the turnover in the Danish entity. We have sites both in Struer and Virum. In Struer we have manufacturing facilities as well. You choose your favourite location.
The position will report to the Finance Manager placed in Denmark. The primary objective of the role is to proactively be part of building up a new reporting and controlling structure in the Danish entity, which has just implemented SAP and at the same time changed finance structure by off shoring to GBS / Finance hubs placed outside Denmark. In support of the Finance Manager, this role will need to work proactively and closely together with both Global Business System (GBS)/ Finance hubs but also peers and owners of global processes to meet the overall objectives of the position.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Be a proactive contributor in the stabilization phase after a go-live with SAP Project Systems as one of the first sites in Phillips-Medisize
- Being part of building up internal Finance reporting by using SAP reports/extracts, BI and high level excel with a top-down approach from the total P&L for the Danish entity down to business segments for Engineering, Logistic and Manufacturing and Front-end sales.
- Controlling / Business partnering with Logistic and Manufacturing with both day-to-day operative cost controlling tasks but also being part of implementing standard cost
- Develop a solid understanding of our project processes and how they drive the financial results.
- Overall project controlling where the more operational part is taken care of by our global Program Analysist team (where one is placed in Struer)
- Responsible for managing the revenue recognition processes within our projects (which typically have a duration of several years).
- Work with the regional and global Finance hubs as needed to facilitate close processes monthly.
- Analyze, understand, and communicate monthly financial and operational variances.
- Active contributor to our forecast and budget processes, which also needs to be reinvented due to new systems and structures.
- Ad Hoc analysis as needed.
The Experience You Will Bring
- University or bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Proven experience in a finance related role preferable within a project and/or production-based company
- SAP experience (preferable also in PS) and super user in Excel
- Accounting knowledge and qualifications are a plus
- Strong communication skills including English language
What Will Put You Ahead
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly pick-up business processes.
- Team spirit and ability to work with lot of different stakeholders across borders. Our roles and responsibilities are not finally defined, and you should have a yes attitude towards change and defining what “goods looks like”.
- A passion to improve processes and develop value adding tools and reporting to the wider business across all major functions (Project management, Manufacturing, Engineering, Supply Chain, Procurement, HR)