Transportation Contract Analyst
KBX Logistics is seeking a Contract Analyst to support our KBX Operations and Business Development teams. We are looking for an individual that is knowledgeable on transportation contracts with an understanding of contract law, risks, and possesses well developed negotiation skills. This role will focus on contract negotiations, assess contracting process for improvement, and other responsibilities as outlined below.
KBX is the harmonious merging of several disciplines under Koch Industries, each one a crucial piece of the freight forwarding and logistic services puzzle. Through revolutionary technology, seamless integration, integrity-led business philosophy, and valued partnerships, we’ve crafted timeless solutions for our affiliates that will lead them toward constant innovation, fine-tuned processes, and success.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage contract negotiations, understand contract law, risk assessment and possess a high-level of negotiation skills
- Review current contracts for improvement, identify any gaps in the contracting process, convert older contract versions to enhanced versions.
- Provide secondary support for KBX Operations. This includes answering compliance questions and carrier compliance calls
- Support new business by seeking out and on-boarding new carriers through the contracting process for modes of need (bulk, specialized, etc.)
- Support claims
- Provide secondary support for larger projects to improve risk avoidance and value to KBX customers. This includes enhancing our carrier on-boarding process, strengthen our carrier compliance, process improvement efforts, etc.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years of transportation experience
- Familiarity of transportation law; specifically: liabilities, compliance and risk
- An understanding of transportation contracts between broker and carrier as well as co-broker agreements
- Experience in negotiations
- Adept knowledge in Microsoft word to include protecting documents, tracked changes and working with exchanged notations
What Will Put You Ahead
- Direct involvement in negotiating contracts with carriers and brokers
- Knowledge of in-house TMS “TOPS”
- Cargo claims and claim law experience
- Utilize transportation law to support negotiations
- Knowledge of different modes of transportation
- Varied roles within transportation
- Advanced education in transportation field. Associates or bachelor’s equivalent a plus.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf