Manufacturing Production Associate
Manufacturing Production Associate – Warrenton, Georgia
Multiple Positions Available Across All Levels!
Georgia-Pacific has a state-of-the art highly automated lumber mill in Warrenton, GA.
We are currently looking for a few motivated individuals to join our team as a Manufacturing Production Associate. These roles support the machine operators by learning to operate lumber production equipment, as well as general housekeeping to ensure a safe working environment for all employees. Pay starts at $17.50/hr. If you are a safety-oriented person with a commitment to attendance excellence, we look forward to hearing from you!
To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Learning to safely operate equipment to be able to relieve operators when needed
- Cross-training on various machines in order to increase operational knowledge
- General housekeeping around saws, conveyors, and stackers to keep machinery functioning properly, reduce hazards, and promoting a safe work environment
- Wear safety equipment including safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots, and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- Working 12 hour rotating shifts with the potential of weekends, overtime, and holidays when required
- Working in a hot, cold, humid, noisy industrial environment Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, while performing tasks such as lifting up to 50 lbs, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and /or pulling
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of six (6) months of experience working in a manufacturing, industrial, construction, farming, warehouse, or military environment OR completion of training/schooling in a related technical discipline
- Experience reading and comprehending written instructions as required to complete assigned tasks
What Will Put You Ahead
- More than three (3) years of manufacturing experience
- Basic computer skills; e.g. typing and using a mouse
- One (1) year of experience operating either a Hyster or Taylor forklift
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf