Electrical Engineering Technician
Chentronics is seeking an Electrical Engineering Technician in Norwich, New York with a passion and excitement for contributing to electronics product development, testing, and support. We are looking for a knowledgeable, enthusiastic team member who is ready for a hands-on technical engineering laboratory role supporting circuit boards, harnesses, assemblies, and tests. The successful candidate will work well in a collaborative and supportive environment and will provide quality, timely results. This position is open to entry level through senior EET candidates. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Chentronics, LLC, a Koch Engineered Solutions group company and a part of Koch Industries, is an ISO 9001 manufacturer of industrial grade ignition and flame safety systems for a wide variety of fuels and burner system applications. From natural gas to bunker grade crude, Chentronics manufactures powerful systems for reliable ignition and dependable flame detection. Our systems ignite and detect flame on flares, burners, boilers, pilots, gas turbines, and other applications for global markets including Utilities, Petrochemical, Industrial, and Marine applications. We offer state of the art ignition and flame safety solutions tailored to each of these markets. Chentronics is looking for enthusiastic professionals who enjoy engaging our customers and developing innovative products to serve their needs. You can learn more at www.chentronics.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Electronic product diagnostic troubleshooting, repair, rework, root cause and corrective action process support
- Circuit board assembly – acquire components, prepare build kits, complete PCA build prototypes
- Build electronic assemblies –circuit board stack-ups, wiring, mechanical assembling
- Assemble and solder wiring harnesses and connectors
- Testing: setup, perform, collect data, and document data per engineering test specifications
- Prepare typical documentation (assembly instructions, BOMs, test reports, nonconformance reports, etc.)
- Perform and direct equipment calibrations, modify calibration procedures, keep track of calibrations
- Support team personnel by reviewing, providing technical expertise, recommending design changes
- Contribute to the ongoing organization of laboratory work and storage areas
- Occasional travel for training or customer support
- Understand and adhere to the Chentronics Environmental Health and Safety plan and QC system
The Experience You Will Bring
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering Technology, Engineering Science, or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years’ experience with typical electronics test instrumentation – meters, oscilloscope, analyzers, supplies, etc.
- 2+ years’ experience reading, understanding, and following drawings, schematics, equipment manuals
- 1+ years’ experience troubleshooting, probing, modifying, and repairing circuit boards and circuit board assemblies
- 1+ years’ experience hand soldering of small components and utilizing basic hand and power tools
- Ability to setup-up, conduct testing, and monitor instrumentation per engineering test requirements
- Ability to create and contribute to quality, detailed, accurate: documents, drawings, records, and databases
- Ability to efficiently organize work area and storage areas of the engineering laboratory
- Ability to solder through-hole and SMD components during PCA bring-up and testing
- Ability to work independently and to effectively collaborate with a diverse multi-disciplinary team
- Ambitious, self-starting, and motivated attitude; willingness to learn, ability to manage time
- Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office proficiency, excellent written and verbal communication skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3+ years’ post academic electronics industry experience
- 2+ years’ MCAD or ECAD experience
- Experience safely working with line voltage levels in compliance with OSHA standards
Physical Requirements/Other Considerations:
- Ability to see and differentiate colors, small details, small text, or use instrumentation to do so.
- Good hand/eye coordination for handling small components and hand tools, i.e., tweezers, soldering irons, etc.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf