Chentronics is seeking an Electrical Engineer in Norwich, New York with a passion and excitement for playing significant roles from idea generation to production in our industrial flame detection and ignition system product lines. We are looking for enthusiastic team members with an interest in electronics design and implementation. The successful candidate will work well in a collaborative and supportive environment and will provide quality documented work. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Chentronics, LLC, a Koch Engineered Solutions group company and a part of Koch Industries, is an ISO 9001 manufacturer of industrial grade ignition and flame safety systems for a wide variety of fuels and burner system applications. From natural gas to bunker grade crude, Chentronics manufactures powerful systems for reliable ignition and dependable flame detection. Our systems ignite and detect flame on flares, burners, boilers, pilots, gas turbines, and other applications for global markets including Utilities, Petrochemical, Industrial, and Marine applications. We offer state of the art ignition and flame safety solutions tailored to each of these markets. Chentronics is looking for enthusiastic professionals who enjoy engaging our customers and developing innovative products to serve their needs. You can learn more at www.chentronics.com
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Electronic product development, design, testing, and support:
- Electronic circuits - SMPS, sensor integration, mixed signal, filtering, MCU integration
- Impulse capacitor discharge voltage/current forming network circuits
- Component selection, breadboard prototyping, PCA bring-up and testing
- EMC and safety standards design compliance
- Schematic Capture and PCB Layout
- Design and implementation of custom test equipment
- Design integration activities with embedded system, mechanical, and other team members
- Validation testing and reporting
- Nonconformance troubleshooting and root cause analysis, customer application assistance
- Work with a diverse group of engineers in all phases of product development and production support including concept, design, test, verify, document, and support
- Participate in technical design reviews and provide regular project status updates
- Prepare typical electronics documentation (schematics, instructions, test reports, etc.)
- Support other group personnel by reviewing work, providing technical expertise and guidance
- Occasional travel (10%) for training and customer site visits for field testing and troubleshooting products
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years’ post academic industry hands-on electronics development experience including design release
- Experience testing and troubleshooting new and legacy designs
- Competency with typical laboratory test instrumentation: oscilloscopes, power supplies, meters, etc.
- Ability to solder through-hole and SMD components during PCA bring-up and testing
- Ability to work independently and to effectively collaborate with a diverse multi-disciplinary team
- Ambitious, self-starting, and motivated attitude; willingness to learn, ability to manage time
- Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office proficiency, excellent written and verbal communication skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with high reliability and critical operation electronics product development
- Experience safely working with line voltage levels in compliance with OSHA standards
- Experience with Autodesk Eagle or Altium
Physical Requirements/Other Considerations:
- Ability to see and differentiate colors, small details, small text, or use instrumentation to do so.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf