John Zink Hamworthy Combustion (JZHC) is a global leader in emissions-control and clean-air combustion systems. We back every product with decades of proven performance, unrivalled research and development capabilities, and expert service and support. JZHC is part of Koch Engineered Solutions, which is owned by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in the U.S.
We are currently looking to hire a Controls Engineer for to support our business demand. This role will work to design, test, commission, and startup a wide variety of electrical and electronic equipment for our manufactured and packaged equipment. This role will work with a wide variety of equipment including motors, valves, actuators, transmitters, emission monitoring equipment, recorders, and programmable logic controllers (PLC). This role will be responsible for programming and altering all types of PLC’s, HMI’s, PID loop controllers, VFD’s, and other control devices. They will also work to develop control systems logic and automation programming for vapor control and pollution control equipment. This role can be open to candidates in Tulsa, Sacramento and Houston.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Assume overall ownership of assigned projects for control engineering related jobs
- Performing PLC programming and set up of other components such as HMI, VFD, controllers, recorders, etc.
- Automation engineering and design
- Test and commission control systems
- Assist sales engineers with proposals, cost estimates, and documentation
- Work with field technicians and customers as required
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years' experience with PLC programming
- 5+ years' experience with Burner Management System (BMS)
- 5+ years' experience understanding and applying National Fire Protection Association (NFPA 85 or 86, or 87)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering, or Controls Engineering
- Willing and able to work in an industrial environment on skidded equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- 10+ years’ experience working on all types of industrial, electrical, and electronic equipment including, but not limited to motors, valves, actuators, transmitters, and PLC equipment
- 10+ years’ experience with burner management systems
- 10+ years’ experience with electrical and control panel design
- 10+ years’ experience with NEC and NFPA
- 10+ years’ Experience with any of the following PLC platforms: Allen Bradley PLC, Or Modicon PLC, or Triconex PLC, or GE Rx3i PLC
- Experience with Safety Instrumented systems (SIS)
- Experience designing, specifying, operating, function testing, troubleshooting, and commissioning of controls and instrumentation related equipment in the refinery and petrochemical industry or power and process industry
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf