Georgia-Pacific is seeking Production Workers for its Oriented Strand Board (OSB) facility located in Alcolu, SC. This position is responsible for operating equipment to produce and maintain quality of the product and meet customer expectations. Workers may work in various departments throughout the mill, including Dryer & Energy, Press, and Finishing.
Production Workers work indoors and outdoors in all weather and environmental conditions; hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial. They work 12 hour rotating shifts, holidays, weekends, and overtime if required. Our environment is tobacco-free.
Successful employees in our culture embrace change, share knowledge with others, treat others with respect and dignity, practice humility, and conduct all affairs lawfully and with integrity.
- Maintain quality of the product and meet customer expectations.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with other team members in a team-based environment
- Proficiently learn new tasks to include: functions in control cab, control room, and ground support
- Operate Control Room panels, displays and graphics to maintain operations according to parameters.
- Monitor system performance to meet targets
- Provide ground support for production area
- Maintain safe and clean working environment, using variety of equipment, including air hoses, shovels, rakes, saws, and other tools
- Learn and comply with environmental guidelines, policies, and permit requirements
- Adhere to all plant health, safety, and environmental guidelines, policies, and proceduresto include wearing the necessary Personal Protection Equipment
- Operate mobile equipment to include: a front-end loader, sweeper, forklift and manlift
- Perform tasks such as pulling, pushing, and lifting up to 50 lbs., as well as walking, climbing stairs and ladders, stooping, standing, and reaching for up to 12 hours
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- At least one (1) year of machine operating experience
- At least three (3) years of industrial or manufacturing experience
- Experience operating mobile equipment
- Experience working in computer-controlled environment
- Experience in control cab operations
Our Clarendon facility in Alcolu, SC is one of Georgia-Pacific’s newest facilities using some of the most advanced technology to create the specialty brand of Blue-Ribbon Oriented Strand Board (OSB). This type of OSB is used for floor, wall, and roof sheathing in residential and light commercial construction applications. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s OSB Division please visit: www.buildgp.com/plywood-osb
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf