Electrical Project Engineer
Georgia-Pacific is searching for an Electrical Project Engineer for the New Augusta, MS Cellulose Facility. The Electrical Project Engineer will be responsible for the electrical project development, design, procurement, construction, and startup of various projects. This individual will have a direct impact on safety, reliability, cost reduction, and process improvement at the facility.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Electrical and project engineering work involving support of the GP Leaf River mill through design, troubleshooting, project guidance, technological standardization and innovation, maintenance strategies, and energy efficiency activities. Involvement includes project scope development, project estimating, project review and management, design and construction
- Work will involve project management for managing contractors, schedules, scope development, budgets, checkout, commissioning, start-up and various other engineering/management activities as required. Project work also includes updating of electrical and instrument drawings, including single lines, loops and P&ID’s. The engineer will also assist in the evaluation of existing mill systems and processes to identify and implement solutions that will improve safety and quality, reduce cost and variability while positively impacting the environment and increasing production
- Work individually or with a team to develop the scope, cost estimates, and risk mitigation plan for capital and extraordinary maintenance projects and participate in justification of projects, specification reviews, drawing reviews, safety reviews, and other project document reviews
- Provide detail design or support and provide technical assistance to operations, purchasing and construction management in solving both urgent and long-term issues, with focus on mill’s asset reliability and sustainability
The Experience You Will Bring
- Previous experience in Project Engineering/Management in a manufacturing or heavy industrial environment
- Experience with technical electrical specifications and drawings, including single-line drawings, elementary wiring diagrams, piping & instrumentation diagrams, and control loop drawings
- Experience and knowledge of electrical safe work practices
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Three or more years of project management experience in an industrial environment
- Project management experience in a Pulp and Paper Manufacturing facility
- Experience with specifications and installations of pumps, valves, PLC’s, DCS, and process instrumentation
- Experience in medium and high voltage system design and maintenance
- Maintenance experience with a reliability aptitude
- Experience with capital project management with budgets up to $5 million
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf