This job posting is no longer active.
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the
right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
Flint Hills Resources (FHR) is looking for a Multi-Craft Technician who will be responsible for helping to support the Pipeline and Terminals in Texas. This role will be located in the Beaumont, Texas area.
The role will be responsible for specification, installation, testing and repair of all types of mechanical, rotating, instrumentation, electrical and electronic equipment used in the operation of olefin pipelines. Equipment includes, but not limited to pumps, motors, valves, actuators, meters, and transmitters in the field. Other responsibilities may also include measurements, regulatory equipment inspections, and other duties required for daily pipeline and terminal operations.
A successful candidate will have computer skills, specifically the ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and ability to learn to use proprietary databases, good verbal and written communication skills, and general mechanical and electrical skills
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Making sound economic decisions, ensure incident prevention, drive predictable execution, achieve competitive results
- Effectively communicate with others, be receptive of both challenge and feedback
- Being able to work independently or as an effective team member
- Understand and develop relationships with customers, both internal and external
- Must follow safety rules and regulations and promote a positive safety culture
- Physical ability to frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb, and balance; to occasionally sit, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Ability and willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (for example: hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, respirator, safety work boots, etc. as required)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
- Must be able to adequately hear alarms and other sounds which may include a safety concern
- Must be able to communicate hazardous conditions and other dangers
- Must be able to work near moving mechanical parts, work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions, work in high, precarious places and work around fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- 2-year technical degree (electrical/instrumentation) OR 3+ years of work experience with industrial and electronic equipment that may include (motors, valves, actuators, meters, transmitters, pumps and valves)
- One (1) or more years of experience with electrical troubleshooting, including the ability to understand and interpret electrical and P&ID drawings and schematics
- Ability to understand and apply the National Electric Code
- Proven ability to test voltages of 3 phase power up to 480 volts
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Must be available for on-call including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to meet physical requirements for the role
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) or more years of work experience working with industrial and electronic equipment that may include (motors, valves, actuators, meters, transmitters, pumps, and valves)
- One (1) years or more of work experience maintaining multi-stage pumps, electrical starters, switch gear, and VFD’s from 480 Vac
- One (1) years or more of work experience with pipeline measurement including proving, maintaining and troubleshooting flow meters
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.