Flint Hills Resources (FHR) is looking for an Instrumentation & Electrical Technician at our Marshall, Minnesota facility who would be a part our P&T’s Maintenance Team working with several other key technicians providing support for our Asphalt Terminals in Marshall, Minnesota, Omaha Nebraska, Algona Iowa, as well as the Twin Cities Area.
The role will be responsible for specification, installation, programming, testing and repair of all types of automation, instrumentation, electrical and electronic equipment used in the operation of refined products pipelines, refined product terminals, and asphalt terminals. Equipment includes, but not limited to pumps, motors, valves, actuators, meters, transmitters, flow computers, programmable logic controllers (PLC) and SCADA systems in the field. Other responsibilities may also include measurements, regulatory equipment inspections, and other duties required for daily pipeline and terminal operations.
A successful candidate will have computer skills, specifically the ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and ability to learn to use proprietary databases, good verbal and written communication skills, and general mechanical and electrical skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Making sound economic decisions, ensure incident prevention, drive predictable execution, achieve competitive results
- Effectively communicate with others, be receptive of both challenge and feedback
- Being able to work independently or as an effective team member
- Understand and develop relationships with customers, both internal and external
- Must follow safety rules and regulations and promote a positive safety culture
- Physical ability to frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb, and balance; to occasionally sit, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Ability and willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (for example: hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, respirator, safety work books, etc. as required)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
- Must be able to adequately hear alarms and other sounds which may include a safety concern
- Must be able to communicate hazardous conditions and other dangers
- Must be able to work near moving mechanical parts, work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions, work in high, precarious places and work around fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- 2-year technical degree (electrical/instrumentation) OR 3+ years of work experience programming and/or configuring PLC’s, HMI’s, flow computers, and SCADA communication devices
- 1 or more years of work experience working with industrial and electronic equipment that may include (motors, valves, actuators, meters, transmitters, flow computers, and PLC equipment)
- 1 or more years of experience with electrical troubleshooting, including the ability to understand and interpret electrical and P&ID drawings and schematics
- Ability to understand and apply the National Electric Code
- Proven ability to test voltages of 3 phase power up to 480 volts
- Able to travel up to 20%
- Must be available for on-call including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Able to meet physical requirements for the role
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5 or more years of work experience programming and/or configuring PLC’s, flow computers, and SCADA communication devices
- 5 or more years of work experience installing and maintaining electrical starters, switch gear, and VFD’s from 480 Vac through 4160 Vac
- Experience working with Schneider Automation PLC and HMI equipment and configuration software
- Experience working with Omni
- Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or Computer Science Degree
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf