Electrical Test Engineer
The Molex Reliability Lab is seeking a talented Electrical Test Engineer to join our team in Lisle, IL and support our globally diverse, multi-functional, Reliability and Engineering teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for hands on electrical, signal integrity, and environmental testing, troubleshooting, data analysis, root cause failure analysis, and evaluation of various interconnect solutions throughout the product development cycle for the different business units throughout Molex.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Contribute to the development, review, and challenge test plans to evaluate performance and predict field reliability of terminals, connectors, and electronic module products/solutions under exposure to electrical and environmental conditions
- Execute test plans and tasks involving various electrical and environmental tests in accordance with industry, customer, and/or internal specifications
- Collaborate with technicians, project leaders, management, and Product Engineering on test status, issues, recommendations, etc.
- Complete product evaluation and performance analysis using test results and advanced statistical analysis to be included in test reports
- Audit and train lab staff on laboratory ESD protection and knowledge
- Develop, modify, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures, Best practices, and MSA’s to ensure repeatable and reproducible test methods/results
- Develop and conduct root cause/corrective action plans in conjunction with Product Engineering
- Work closely with various project leaders to ensure efficient and timely project deliverables to customers
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or similar.
- 5+ years’ work experience in a laboratory performing electrical and environmental testing of connectors and/or electronic products
- Experience with assessing the signal integrity of high-speed products
- Proficient with signal integrity testing equipment (i.e. network analyzer, time domain reflectometer (TDR), eye diagrams, etc.)
- Proficient with general electrical test equipment (i.e. oscilloscopes, power supplies, multimeters, milli-micro-ohmmeter, differential probes, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing and executing test plans to assess product performance and reliability
- Ability to observe results, make inferences, test assumptions, apply critical thinking, and make corrections
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with others and in a team
- Ability to remain flexible when changes arise
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3+years’ work experience in automotive industry validation laboratory environment
- Knowledge of Fiber optic cable preparation and testing
- Basic electrical schematic comprehension, circuit analysis skills, and knowledge of transmission line theory/concepts
- Knowledge of ethernet testing for traffic and packet loss
- Knowledge of evaluating battery charging circuits to establish battery health, state of charge, cell health, cell balancing, etc.
- Knowledge of evaluating electronic solutions such as ASEP, solid state relays, etc.
- Understanding of environmental chamber testing
- Troubleshooting skills of systems to aid in root cause failure analysis and relating it to physics of failures
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf