The Director of Shanghai Quality, CCS, will provide leadership and overall strategic direction of quality for success in china region business and Shanghai plant quality. This position will focus on developing and driving the Shanghai plant quality strategy to support customer’s and internal expectations. Further, S/he will deliver sustainable, efficient, and effective process by driving a “quality culture” mindset and capability across the whole supply chain. This position requires a high level of multifunctional expertise, excellent leadership and managerial skills, along with solid global quality experience
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop and execute strategy for Shanghai Quality Organization in alignment with CCS’s quality vision and goals.
- Partner with Shanghai plant leaders to establish and cultivate “Quality Culture”
- (Product Quality) Lead and Drive Shanghai plant to achieve customer’s and internal expectation (QCD) for Product quality of whole product life cycle time. Working with design centers to drive strategic Product Development Process to release superior quality products in Shanghai plant that meet customers’ expectation.
- (Process Quality) To deliver sustainable, efficient and effective process by driving quality culture/mindset/capability and establish quality management system to cover whole supply chain in Shanghai Plant
- (Service Quality) To deliver superior experience to a customer through our differentiated Service through superior Quality (Product/Process/Service)
- (People Quality) To develop the best quality engineering capabilities to deliver the best serve our current and future customers with continuous transformation aligning with CCS Quality VISION.
- Strategy: CCS Quality leadership is looking to drive further innovation and partnership with customers by driving satisfaction through quality and service. Long term, this partnership and integration will set the foundation for further portfolio expansion and global footprint.
- Culture: Continue successful integration of MBM and drive Quality Culture mindset aligning with rapidly changed market requirements.
- Growth: Drive top-line growth and profitability by creating deeper customer relationships through the best quality and service.
- Global: Drive strategy and operational improvement in Americas, European, Asian, and other developing markets.
- Team: Establish and retain continuous grow quality team to be the preferred partner for all stake holders
The Experience You Will Bring
Molex seeks a strategic quality leader with proven experience managing complex global quality operations and building highly effective teams. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned leader in the electronics industry having managed all critical functions of Quality for a global business. Molex serves a client base of the top technology and consumer companies in the world. This leader will have experience cultivating relationships with customers and key business leaders. This leader will have a track record of leveraging quality capabilities across complex global organizations to drive deeper customer relationships and operational performance.
【IDEAL EXPERIENCE 】
Senior Business Leadership
Experienced Quality officer in Electronics/Electrical, or high precision industry accountable for a multinational business.
Driving Growth and Execution
Experience leading a complex organization through organic growth and through digital transformation
Talent and Culture
Proven ability to lead a high-performing team; ability to recruit and motivate best-in-class talent as the industry evolves. Demonstrated experience driving a strong corporate culture with emphasis on global collaboration and execution.
A bachelor’s degree with Engineering or similar graduate degree ideal.
Fundamental Quality Knowledge (ISO/IATF169494/VDA6.3, CQIs, AIAG Tools (FMEA/SPC/MSA), Environmental Standards, Problem Solving Tools (8D, 5why, FTA, DRBFM))
English： Business Level and able to communicate in English globally
【CRITICAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES】
- Creates change leaders; involves key influencers in the design and implementation of the change initiative.
- Identifies changes consistent with the strategy but radical in implementation and gains buy in with individual, customized influence efforts.
- Adapts change plans/influence strategies to the political realities and constraints of the organization, targeting the most influential people regardless of formal role, and engaging people in a reasoned way.
- Establishes processes or practices to encourage and reinforce innovation and change thinking and embrace and practice MBM.
- Defines the evolving future of market/market segments, and using logic and evidence, contrasts with the present. (Automotive/mobile/and consumers)
- Manage and implement strategy, proposes new directions for the business linked to improving quality and service.
- Challenges assumptions and conventional wisdom with specific, supported, reasoned proposals.
- Contributes to the development of an organizational strategy and justifies it with market insight.
- Thinks 3-5 years ahead into next business cycle.
- Enables higher performance by incrementally improving approaches based on calculated risks and benefits.
- Benchmarks own performance against industry best practices.
- Proactively seeks to improve processes and implement best in class solutions, raising quality and services in a calculated way.
- Identifies new processes and/or systems to improve quality, service and productivity /or make the business more efficient.
- Communicates long-term direction and collaborates with team on how to reach it.
- Delegates strategic objectives to the whole team with clear and explicit intent; knows the precise level of challenge and how individual team members will handle it.
- Sets up forums or practices to reinforce independent and open communication among the team members.
- Holds people accountable for their commitments, providing clarity and outlining in advance ramifications of failure.