Do you aspire to leverage and further develop your skills and lead a team to excellence in safety, efficiency, and quality? If so, this could be the opportunity for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Production Supervisor in Blue Rapids, KS.
Production Supervisors lead a team to incident-free performance in a continuous manufacturing environment; consistent with our MBM® management philosophy and framework. Production Supervisors supervise and coordinate production efforts that result in sustained improvement in all work processes including: EHS compliance, reliability, quality, production, and cost to deliver maximum value to the business and our valued customers. If you are a driven leader who can operate with a principled entrepreneurial spirit, then we’d like to learn more about you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collaborating with Safety, Environmental, Maintenance, Operations, Controller, and Quality Leaders to gain the knowledge tools to elevate a team to its full potential
- Embracing and managing change to drive innovation and process improvements
- Applying MBM® to foster a culture where employees are empowered
- Facilitating team and employee development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership, and holding employees accountable
- Taking accountability of safety quality and efficiency through leadership, individual ownership and accountability, teamwork, and delegation
- Coaching, motivating, and mentoring the team to drive safe and efficient behaviors leading to positive outcomes. Taking corrective action measures as needed
- Using critical & economic thinking, challenge process, and team collaboration to resolve issues and drive innovation, efficiency, and safety excellence.
- Completing paperwork and reports with accuracy to meet deadlines
- Leveraging strong oral and written communication skills to communicate with the facility team, leadership, and corporate associates in Atlanta
- Using organization and planning skills to execute tasks in a timely, purposeful, and orderly fashion
- Using critical thinking, processes, and collaboration to troubleshoot equipment and machinery
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience in industrial manufacturing or in military leadership role
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical or business discipline
- Experience using basic accounting and financial knowledge
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf