Georgia-Pacific’s Taylorsville, MS chemical plant is seeking a qualified individual to join our team as Maintenance Manager. Come work in a stimulating environment and drive safety performance, compliance, reliability, and cost control in maintenance for the chemical industry. You will be an integral part of technical, leadership, and maintenance teams that are challenged to maximize uptime while eliminating waste. This role manages the predictive and preventive maintenance programs as well as designing and implementing long-term continuous improvement applications. This role requires people skills, specifically in supervision and management. To learn more about Georgia Pacific’s chemical division, please visit: http://www.gp-chemicals.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Direct reports include maintenance planner, materials coordinator, maintenance and I&E technicians. Roles and responsibilities will include safety performance, compliance, reliability, mechanical integrity, and cost control. This position reports to the Plant Manager and will work closely with the organization’s Safety, Environmental, Operations, and Continuous Improvement leaders. Equipment reliability and timely response to unplanned breakdowns will be critical. Reducing unplanned events / downtime and leading root cause failure analysis exercises will also be key to achieving the plants OPEX goals.
- Strong (direct and floor level involved) leadership of maintenance staff
- Be an integral part of driving the safety culture at the facility to maintain zero accidents through human and organizational performance, job hazard analysis, safe work permitting, root cause analysis, housekeeping, and training.
- Manage, maintain and improve the plant’s mechanical and equipment integrity programs. Participate in process hazard analysis. Oversee development, review and improvement of standard maintenance procedures. Review management of change, oversee and lead maintenance training, and conduct & follow-up on equipment failure analysis.
- Lead predictive and preventative maintenance efforts
- Oversee all aspects of the maintenance department including cost, storeroom control, parts ordering, maintenance scheduling, talent assessment / development, and projects
- Develop an understanding of the Market Based Management principles and apply the framework in all facets of work
- Lead and develop employees to improve their capabilities and personal performance using Market Based Management Principles
- Design, implement, and lead long-term continuous improvement applications and systems to enhance maintenance and reliability
- Maintain plant P&ID’s along with any updates through established resources
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication (verbal & written), planning and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and motivational skills
- Strong team building skills and the ability to work within a diverse team
- Strong computer skills especially MS Office
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with an awareness of safety for yourself and others
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of industrial equipment including but not limited to pumps, motors, valves, agitators / mixing vessels, condensers, vacuum systems, cooling towers, waste heat boilers, pressure and high heat vessels, storage tanks, level – flow – pressure - temperature indicators and controllers, high volume blowers (PD and centrifugal), refrigeration units, generators, heat exchangers, etc. to include ability to troubleshoot process and equipment weaknesses.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma
- Minimum of three years of mechanical maintenance experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a maintenance supervisory role
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates degree and/or Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field
- Experience in a PSM covered facility
- Maintenance experience in chemical process or refinery
- Experience working with a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) such as MP2
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf