Computer Vision Engineer
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Computer Vision Engineer to join our Technology Solutions Group in Atlanta, GA. As a member of the team, the Computer Vision Engineer works within many areas of the company including application conceptualization, Data Science, IT and Automation. This is a dynamic role that takes opportunities in Georgia Pacific’s manufacturing facilities and develops innovative Computer Vision solutions and tests them in a lab environment and then rolls those proven solutions across the enterprise. The Computer Vision Engineer will also perform field service support as required for the solutions they implement. This role will report to VP – CSC Operations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Defining opportunities to develop and deploy Computer Vision solutions across Georgia Pacific based out of Atlanta, GA
- Working with different operations and manufacturing leaders, engineers and vendors to determine optimal solutions within the Computer Vision domain.
- Helping evaluate the right solution fit (build vs. buy) so we get to the best decision fastest
- Designing, building, testing and adjusting to growing needs within the IoT space
- Continually learning and researching new technologies and incorporating them into existing processes, in both a controls and programming capacity.
- Partner with process control and automation teams towards integrating with Advanced Process Control loops and testing robots in real life manufacturing situations
- Developing and modifying PLC and HMI programs
- Train and mentor internal colleagues to develop and debug Computer Visions systems.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering or a technical field
- Advanced experience (Modeling, Configuration and/or Application) working with computer vision libraries (OpenCV, others) and IP cameras using Python
- Hands on experience with Containers (Docker, others)
- Strong knowledge of networking or networking experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s degree in computer science with 3+ years of hands-on experience building Computer Visions systems using Python
- Deep Learning Computer Vision (TensorFlow or Pytorch) experience
- 3D LIDAR sensors & Point Cloud processing experience
- Thermal/IR image processing experience
- Experience with Unix and parallel processing
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf