Decatur Technical Center
Georgia-Pacific Chemicals LLC
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
The role will work in a research and development environment to identify, develop, scale up and commercialize innovative chemical solutions for industrial and wood adhesives industry for GPC.
What You Will Do In Your Role
We seek creative and inventive individuals who can formulate new chemistries into thermosetting adhesives of value to our customers. The successful candidate will work effectively with representatives from various functions (i.e. Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Engineering, etc.).
- Exhibits an established record of innovation
- Demonstrates an analytical approach to problem solving
- Practices effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate with a team to accomplish objectives
- Fosters a safe work environment and works in compliance with all laws, rules and regulations
The Experience You Will Bring
- BS in Chemistry
- Exposure to organic synthesis
- Willing and able to travel up to 25%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in research and development (academic research experience is applicable)
- 1- 3 years of industry experience Organic in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry/Science
- Familiarity with thermosetting adhesives
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf