Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Devices Engineer at our Neenah Technical Center located in Neenah, WI. This is a multi-faceted position specializing in device product lines for our Consumer Products Professional Business. At Georgia-Pacific, we are committed to meeting our customers’ needs with solutions that involve great design, consistent quality, and demonstrated customer value. Operating under the Market-Based Management philosophy, we seek entrepreneurial individuals that have a passion for creating value for society through their work. If you are looking for a challenging and fulfilling role where you can put your ideas, creativity and solutions to work, we are interested in learning more about you!
Neenah is located in the heart of Northeast Wisconsin (also known as the Fox Valley). The Fox Valley offers year-round recreation and attractions including 19 ski resorts within 100 miles, excellent shopping, and diversity in restaurants, music and nightlife. For families and nature lovers, the Fox Valley boasts a wealth of parks & wildlife refuges, excellent school districts, and other family-based activities. The area also has attractions such as the Fox Valley Performing Arts Center in Appleton, EAA in Oshkosh, along with great fishing and boating on local lakes, rivers and within driving distance to Lake Michigan. If you are sports fan, Lambeau field and Miller Park are within a short driving distance. Living in the Fox Valley provides the diversity and amenities of a larger city with a strong sense of community and family. Also, nearby popular metro areas include Milwaukee, WI, Madison, WI, Green Bay, WI and Chicago, IL. We welcome you to explore what the Fox Valley could offer you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshoot root causes of any systemic device problems in the marketplace
- Work with engineers to solve design deficiencies in a timely manner
- Consult to the Engineering Team to ensure new devices are designed for quality, manufacturing, and assembly
- Engage manufacturers to validate parts and assembly and to maintain conformance to specifications
- Collaborate with customer service, sales, and business teams to implement process improvements
- Develop new technologies that improve the performance, reliability, features, and cost of devices
- Work with a variety of processes including injection molding, stamping, inline testing, and electromechanical devices
- Occasional lifting of devices up to 20 lbs.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Three (3) or more years’ experience working in an engineering, manufacturing or quality role
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to travel up to 20% of the time, including occasional international travel
What Will Put You Ahead
- Seven (7) or more years’ experience working in a product development or quality role
- Experience working with mechanical and electromechanical devices
- Experience with injection molding and tooling
- Experience with AIAG processes (FMEA, PPAP, APQP, etc.)
- Experience working a manufacturing environment, especially in a quality role
- Experience managing external supplier quality
- ASQ Certification(s)
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Knowledge of quality methods & procedures including Statistical Process Control, Total Quality
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf