Summer Production Operator
Considering a seasonal summer job? Seeking a short term opportunity that could turn into a long standing career? Interested in making $18/hour PLUS an additional $1,000 upon the successful completion of your assignment? Guardian may be the place for you.
Guardian Industries is looking for 7 to 12 individuals to join our production team over the 2021 Summer months (approximately mid May to mid August). Individuals joining in these roles will be exposed to real world work experience in a dynamic, culture driven environment.
Who is Guardian Industries? Guardian Industries is a standalone, wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc.At Guardian, we share one Vision- To help people improve their lives by providing products and services they value more highly than their alternatives and do so responsibly while consuming fewer resources.We work as one team, across borders and continents, and across companies. To succeed, we develop strong core capabilities that will give us a competitive advantage. We invest in and empower our people, providing clear roles and responsibilities and opportunities for personal and professional growth. And we embrace a challenge process that recognizes every member of the team can make a contribution. To learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
Guardian Glass is seeking you to become our next Production Operator!
Starting Pay Rate: $18.00/Hour
- Sign On Bonus: $1,000 upon the successful completion of Summer assignment
- Potential for continued work assignments for successful candidates capable of working a minimum of 24 hours/week in the Fall/Winter of 2021.Flexible schedules available!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate and troubleshoot equipment utilized during daily manufacturing
- Prepare final products for shipping and distribution
- Become proficient and fully qualified in operation areas (Cutter, EDDI, Automation, Manual Packing, ABV, Line Drive, Put Away, and Close-Up)
- Consistently demonstrate values and behaviors in alignment with Market Based Management (MBM) culture
- Drive continuous improvement for their department
- Understand and execute daily run schedules, resolve quality issues, report/escalate unresolved issues immediately
- Participate in setting team goals and managing job assignments
- Drive and meet quality standards
- Complete general housekeeping duties to maintain a continuously safe and clean work environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Able to work any shift (up to 12 hours), holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12 hours/day
- Able to maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Basic Computer Skills (utilize SCADA Control Systems, GPIS, MS Excel, etc.)
- Able to work in a non climate controlled environment
- Strong attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to think critically, interpreting operational inputs and taking actions accordingly
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) or more years of experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Preventive and predictive maintenance experience
- 6+ month machine operator experience
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
- Carleton, MI
Guardian offers our employees the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally.If you value an organization focused on transforming and a role where you are empowered to be a part of that transformation, Guardian IS the place for you!