Process Safety Development Engineer
Georgia-Pacific is searching for a Process Safety Development Engineer for the Process Safety Development Program. The Process Safety Development Program is a program where individuals will complete an engineering skill-building opportunity focused on process safety which prepares its participants for engineering careers in process operations, maintenance, reliability, and safety. Employees in the program receive hands-on training of risk-based process safety requirements and practical application of associated management systems at Georgia-Pacific manufacturing facilities. This role is based at G-P Center located in Atlanta, GA.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Learn about process safety related industry regulations, codes, and standards
- Learn about engineering, technology, chemical, material, and equipment design information and safety specifications (i.e., Process Safety Information or PSI)
- Risk identification and management including process hazard analysis (PHA) methods, tools, and facilitation
- Manage changes to technology, chemicals, materials, and equipment
- Process operating and maintenance procedures and practices
- Reliability and mechanical integrity equipment inspection, testing, and preventive maintenance (PM) practices and programs
- Critical asset management and loss prevention
- Audit process safety within GP facilities
- Apply investigation requirements and methods used in industry
- Understand, develop, apply and coach employees on the company culture (Market Based Management)
- Upon successful completion of the program, employees are expected to move into an engineering position and continue their career, which may involve relocation
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, or Environmental Engineering, or Science/Safety
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in industry or military within operations, maintenance, engineering, or safety roles
- Able to travel between 40 to 50% (primarily domestic)
- Able to relocate per program requirements
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience working in pulp & paper or chemical industries
- Three (3) or more years’ operations or engineering experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf