Technical Safety Specialist
INVISTA Performance Technologies (IPT) is a world leading licensor of technology for the Polyester, Nylon and Polyurethane value chains and is looking to expand into other technology sectors. IPT has over 40 years of licensing experience and deploys a global team of technical experts. We are seeking to recruit a Technical Safety Specialist with experience in one or more of the following work environments:
1.Process Technology Licensing
2.Engineering Design (Chemical, Petrochemical or Oil & Gas sectors)
Experience in any of the technologies that IPT currently licenses is not essential. What is critical is that candidates have a passion for and demonstrated ability in seeking and applying the principles and best practices associated with Technical Safety.
The successful applicant will help IPT meet the challenge of providing excellent customer support, pursuing continuous innovation and creating long-term value for customers and society, as well as having the opportunity to grow their career within an organisation that places a strong emphasis on personal development and learning. As a member of the IPT team, you would also be part of Koch Industries Inc, one of the largest privately-held companies in the world with a presence in 50 countries and employing about 120,000 people.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing leadership in a range of process safety areas including PHA, QRA, Consequence Analysis, Human Factors, Safety Instrumented Systems and Pressure Relief across the range of technologies offered by IPT.
- In-house technical safety standards; improving methodologies in line with recognized good practice using your knowledge of industry standards and regulatory guidance.
- Providing mentoring, coaching, consultancy and training to team members, enabling wider ownership of the basis of safety, ensuring effective management of change, inspiring and developing a sustainable technical safety capability.
- Anticipating future client requirements due to international safety legislation developments and expectations. Prioritizing and coordinating resulting design developments.
- Delivering and supporting transformation and optimization of IPT work-scope, systems & tools.
- Contributing to license projects by ensuring effective transfer of the safety knowledge needed by our licensees.
- Responding to clients, investigating issues and providing advice.
- Supporting the development of new technologies.
- Building internal (Koch Industries) and external networks, sharing knowledge and best practice across IPT and the wider Koch Industries.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Be motivated to create superior value for IPT by doing so for our customers.
- A good Degree in Chemical Engineering or other engineering disciplines coupled with significant design experience in the Chemical, Petrochemical or Oil & Gas sectors.
- Is providing leadership (or has recently) in a range of process safety areas including PHA, QRA, Consequence Analysis, Human Factors, Safety Instrumented Systems and Pressure Relief.
- Expert in technical safety standards; a track record of aligning methodologies in-line with industry standards and regulatory guidance.
- Demonstrated capability in mentoring, coaching, consultancy and training of others.
- Have excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English.
- Ambition to develop leadership skills in the field of technical safety and contribute as part of a global business.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge of license project execution and the effective transfer of safety knowledge to licensees.
- An established network of external contacts with respect to process safety. Potentially a recognised industry expert.