Lumber Digital Process Optimization Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
GP Lumber Division is seeking a talented individual for our Digital Process Optimization Manager role. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The Lumber Digital Process Optimization (DPO) Manager will demonstrate knowledge, ability and entrepreneurial thinking to help develop and manage a data centric manufacturing environment. Responsibilities include assisting the facilities with using data to build a Centralized data analytics and remote monitoring capability. Additionally, it will require identifying data gaps needed to improve asset health or process resolution on existing and new equipment. The DPO Manager will also network with the GP Collaboration Center (CSC) to develop automated notifications/alerts real time based on data analytics/AI to maintain and improve asset performance. The incumbent in this role will collaborate with the plant sites frequently, providing insights on trends and or alerts that need to be investigated and or acted upon. Will work with division and plant resources to identify and integrate new monitoring systems and analytics platforms.
The Division DPO Manager will establish a collaboration network with the site DPO Leaders. Asset and or process deviations automatically flagged, tracked and resolved timely. Over time plant DPO evolves such that remote service capability is a core capability of manufacturing as it relates to early detection of a process shift or asset starting to show signs of premature failure. In addition, the position will support continuous improvement processes through decision making, facility engagement, as well as developing new monitoring systems and providing training.
A successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of Process Optimization coupled with adept analytics and leadership background. Additionally, must have a skillful foundation for using data to assess and improve equipment & process capability, leverage sustained best practices from plant-to-plant, and communicate and present data effectively. Will need to collaboratively work and communicate with data scientists, various data software platforms, IT resources, and plant personnel from plant managers to plant operators. A successful candidate will be able to establish the capability to accelerate the pace of defining and implementing best equipment operating practices and standards across the platform. Uses data and digital tools to more quickly identify and intercede in our operations to avoid losses in the form of downtime, loss of productivity or other value opportunities.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering, Technical Discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Five (5) or more years of Technical leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Lead a Continuous Improvement team or conducted, Kaizen events, etc.
- Responsible for managing plant technical department and or resources.
- Has demonstrated track record for identifying and resolving technical problems.
- Five (5) or more years of data analytics with statistical background
- Ability to analyze and visualize data and turn data into useful information.
- Advanced knowledge of software(s) used to analyze data.
- Developing and mentoring site analytics capability.
- Willing and able to travel (50%) to sites to GP’s 16 different Lumber Facilities to build relationships with operations, roll out new monitoring platforms and assist solving plant issues
- Working knowledge and experience of maintenance, reliability, manufacturing process best practices
- Capable of performing data mining and using data analytics and statistics to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Ability to lead site and/or plant Collaboration Teams
- Networking and mentoring others to include in coaching/training/developing facility leadership and operations
- Ability to use communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational skills to manage projects and initiatives across the business from concept to integration and upkeep
What Will Put You Ahead
- Process Engineering and Data Management/Analysis
- Technical abilities to gather and analyze data to learn and solve manufacturing issues
- Experienced application of Lean Six Sigma methodologies and Process Engineering (5S, DMAIC, Kaizen, value-stream mapping, etc.)
- Prior experience with data management, software tools, and Process Control fundamentals (PLCs, DCS, PI, SAS, Envoy, JMP, MatLab, etc.)
- Basic concepts of IoT, digital transformation, and able to network with technical resources associated with these systems and processes
- Technical Manufacturing Experience
- Operations and quality best practices & standards
- Mechanical reliability fundamentals (RCA, Maintenance programs, etc.)
- Experience with managing projects / initiatives and working effectively with plant operations to integrate
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.