Reliability Manager – Olympia, WA
Position is eligible for a $10,000 sign-on bonus.
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking a pro-active, results oriented Reliability Manager for our corrugated box facility in Olympia, WA. If you’ve ever dreamed of living in the Pacific Northwest, there’s a good chance Olympia WA, is the perfect place for you. With a prime location on the southern tip of the Puget Sound, the state’s capital city is ideal for those who enjoy water recreation (boating, fishing, hunting as well as hiking, biking and other outdoor adventures. In addition, Olympia has a thriving arts scene and excellent schools. If professional sports is of interest, the Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Mariners stadiums are within 1.5 hours driving time.
The Reliability Manager is responsible for improving the facility’s manufacturing performance by reducing machine downtime and unscheduled maintenance through improved equipment reliability. The candidate will lead and support preventative and predictive maintenance programs and provide technical support for troubleshooting to minimize downtime and maximize process efficiencies. Specifically, the program focuses on value creation measured by improved equipment reliability to maximize manufacturing productivity.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction to the facility to ensure the team is meeting the objectives in safety, reliability, quality, cost, and customer service. The reliability manager will work with a team of salaried and hourly maintenance professionals as well as corporate technical SMEs to execute on their strategy. It is imperative that the reliability manager be able to prioritize work to achieve long term value and be flexible to adjust to ever-changing conditions.
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. This position provides opportunities for career growth both in the Modesto facility as well as many other Georgia-Pacific and Koch facilities. Come join our team!
To find out more about our Packaging facilities, please go to www.gppackaging.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Advancing our company culture, Market Based Management
- Participating and supporting Environmental, Health & Safety excellence. Fostering an environment where safety is a value not just a priority
- Managing reliability improvement initiatives and projects to achieve desired results.
- Developing and implementing a predictive and preventive maintenance strategy to include operator basic care
- Actively participating in design and implementation of Asset Improvement Strategies.
- Working closely with operations leaders to identify/prioritize equipment reliability issues and proactively apply best practices to continuously improve/sustain operational excellence.
- Incorporating Preventive/Predictive Maintenance technologies.
- Acting as a technical resource to share knowledge and gain expertise in improving equipment reliability through application of maintenance strategies
- Simulate electrical inputs, transient conditions, temperature, stress, and other factors to develop computer models, and analyzes and adjusts design to predict and improve system reliability
- Managing of financial resources and accountability of equipment parts inventory
- Assessing machine conditions by using technical, electrical, and mechanical skills
- Facilitating formal Root-Cause Analysis on equipment failures and chronic issues to identify root cause(s) and corrective action(s) necessary to prevent recurrence.
- Technical resource to provide knowledge, skills and experience in design phase of equipment/process upgrades and improvements within cost and other performance requirements
- Analyzes projected product utilization and calculates cumulative effect on final system reliability of individual part reliabilities
- Developing cohesive teams between the operations and maintenance groups to improve reliability
- Engaging with crews and supervisors to ensure each department is focusing on the performance of the people, processes and equipment
- Actively interfacing with internal/external customers to share and gain knowledge to continuously improve equipment reliability and uptime.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of (3) threes years of leadership experience in industrial/manufacturing or military environment
- Experience leading improvement efforts in reliability, predictive and preventative maintenance.
- Technical electrical and/or mechanical skills capable of assessing machine conditions.
- Experience managing a budget and equipment parts inventory.
- Microsoft Office product experience: Word (document creation/editing), Excel (sorting data, creating tables), & Outlook (scheduling tasks, calendar invitations and general professional correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering
- Experience as Reliability Manager OR Maintenance Manager
- Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Experience in capital budgeting & management
- Experience within the corrugated packaging industry
- Experience with a CMMS (computerized maintenance management systems)
- Six Sigma Certification
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf