Georgia-Pacific is seeking qualified candidate to consider for a Laboratory Technician opportunity at our Brunswick, GA cellulose mill. The Lab Technician performs environmental and process lab tests using various chemicals and equipment. They must be able to understand, and follow lab procedures carefully, and be detailed in their work. Tasks include collecting samples for testing throughout mill; sample collection will include lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs., climbing stairs/ladders, bending reaching, and opening/closing valves.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Performing laboratory tests from samples in the field in order to produce reliable and precise data
- Performing calculations and entering test results into spreadsheets/databases and verifying results
- Reporting laboratory results to team members and appropriate persons
- Use computer (Microsoft Office)
- Understanding and application of Site Safe Work Practices LOTO, Permitting
- Mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot, adjust and repair routine equipment issues
- Ability to follow procedures while working in a mill environment to draw samples
The Experience You Will Bring
- Associate's Degree or higher OR Three (3) years testing responsibilities in a laboratory environment
- Must lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must climb stairs and/or ladders to reach sample locations throughout the mill while being exposed to noise levels > 85 dB; and in hot, humid environment (>100°F, >80% RH)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Biology
- Five (5) or more years of experience in laboratory environment
- Experience with testing in an industrial facility such as an integrated pulp manufacturing facility
- Experience with wastewater treatment testing
- Wastewater and/or portable water laboratory technician certification
Georgia -Pacific Brunswick Cellulose mill manufactures softwood fluff pulps. Our products are used primarily in absorbent products such as diapers and hygiene products. To learn more about our Cellulose Division, visit http://www.gppackaging.com/Cellulose
Brunswick, GA in Glynn County, which is in southeast Georgia, about halfway between Savannah, GA and Jacksonville, FL, and a short drive off Interstate 95. Hunting, fishing, golfing and visiting historical landmarks are among the hobbies residents enjoy. To learn more about Brunswick, check out this link:www.brunswickgoldenisleschamber.com
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf