Software Test Station Lead
Molex possesses a rich heritage in the optical industry. We provide the highest performing and field-proven wavelength management solutions from components, modules to integrated line-cards. Continuous innovation in passive component function integration, miniaturization, and manufacturing automation, cutting edge WSS and amplify technology and comprehensive optical, mechanical, electrical and software integration capabilities enable us to serve the needs of high-density, high-bandwidth, and flexible optical networks.
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer Manager that will be responsible for leading technical projects and guiding efforts of our Software supporting Hardware Test Stations in our New Jersey office. This person will report to Engineering Director and be responsible for a small team.
The Software Development Team is responsible for working with our team to create, maintain and update software applications, APIs and tools that support our manufacturing processes. This person will be a Technical Lead to the team and manage projects in the Test Station.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manages Station Software Projects and Software Releases
- Lead a team of software engineers for test stations, manage the release schedule and help prioritize and manage incoming work
- Designs, develops and deploys software solutions for various manufacturing processes
- Manages post-deployment bug fixing and feature requests
- Ownership of Station SW process improvement to adopt best practice and improve code quality for the team
- Documents processes via flowcharts, diagrams, as well as through code comments
- Creates reusable libraries and designs software that communicates with databases
- Writes drivers for manufacturing equipment such as motion controllers, light meters, Optical Spectrum Analyzers, etc.
- Performs prototyping and estimation and produces detailed specifications
- Supports process engineers by interpreting station output data on product issues
- Performs application testing before deployment
- Travel to Asia may be required at some time in the future
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science degree , Engineering, or equivalent technical required
- Work experience performing C/C++ development
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, etc
- Experience writing device drivers for test equipment
- Experience working with Embedded Software
- Experience leading a team or projects
In order to comply with U.S. export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf