Product Development - Lighting Engineer
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Serve as the product development engineer on automotive lighting and electronics programs
- Work with Tier 2 suppliers to integrate lighting and electronics into grilles, emblems, and other exterior products
- Work as a member of a cross-functional team
- Interface with the commercial team to generate responses to OEM customer quotes
- Serve as lighting subject matter expert within the organization
- Work with SRG Global’s New Products and Technology Development team to conceptualize, develop and commercialize novel products that solve customer needs
The Experience You Will Bring
- Engineering Degree in Electronics, Optoelectronics, or related field
- 3-5 years of lighting design and electronics experience in the automotive industry
- Demonstrated planning skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills desired
What Will Put You Ahead
- Deep understanding of electrical and electronics design principles and theory, especially as it relates to automotive applications in lighting
- EMC/EMI compliance design and debug
- Firmware design and microcontrollers
- Electronics integration into plastics
- Experience developing lighting and electronics technologies into existing product platforms
- Experience and working knowledge of automotive D-FMEA, P-FMEA and APQP processes
- Experience and working knowledge of automotive and governmental regulations and the associated validation testing
- Experience leading lighting and electronics projects to completion on budget and on schedule
- Expert in LED calculations
- Experience in DC-DC converter designs
- An ability to operate within a global multi-disciplined technical team, a true Team Player
- Hands on with electronics design and debug using lab tools like oscilloscope, frequency generators, etc.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf