Georgia-Pacific has openings for an Electrician position in Camden, TX. If you are motivated by working with your hands, learning new and exciting tasks, and working with teammates toward a common goal, this is may be the job for you!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Installing, troubleshooting and repairing equipment in compliance with plant codes, policies and procedures
- Repairing and maintaining plant machinery in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer specifications
- Responding to all maintenance issues, both mechanical and electrical, throughout the plant
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Effectively communicating work performed and equipment statuses both written and verbally
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Willing and able to sign a confidentiality agreement as a condition of employment
- At least three (3) years of Electrical experience in an industrial or military environment
- Willing and able to work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Experience reading electrical and maintenance schematics/blueprints
- Experience diagnosing mechanical and electronic systems using scanning and diagnostic tools, multi-meters, and computers
- Experience troubleshooting electrical controls, PLC’s, A/C and D/C motors, motor controllers and drives
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment(PPE) i.e.: hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Two (2) year Technical degree or higher in electro-mechanical curriculum
- Experience working with hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf