RELIEF SYSTEM SITE LEAD
Flint Hills Resources has career opportunities for a Relief System Site Lead at our Corpus Christi, TX location in our refining business, and we are looking for great people to grow with us! If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of an industry leading company, this may be the opportunity for you!
The Relief System Site Lead reports to the Process Technical Manager and is a key member of the Process Engineering Department. The process engineering team is dedicated to being the technical leaders that drive the highest value solution for our partners. You will be joining a technical community of 30+ chemical engineers and laboratory professionals dedicated to the optimization, performance, troubleshooting, and design improvement of the refinery units.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Relief System Site Lead
- Manage relief system action items and drive relief system deficiency management strategies
- Site flare model development and ownership
- Ownership of site pressure relief standards
Pressure Safety System Engineer
- Review and participate in MOC SDRs for overpressure protection
- Perform relief system design calculation/Evaluate changes to existing relief systems
- Determine and evaluate mitigations to relief system deficiencies
Flare System SME
- Troubleshoot technical or optimization issues as needed
- Partner with Business Teams, BTL’s, and mentor production engineers
- Support Unit PHAs as assigned
Site ioXpress Owner / Custodian
- Own quality of relief system database
- Manage database changes / updates
- Own long term data management plans
Build and Expand technical network
- Internally with Cross-Site and Pine Bend.
- Externally with catalyst & technology vendors/consultants, and peers.
The Experience You Will Bring
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of refining or chemical plant process engineering experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience with relief system design and standards
- Experience with Process Hazard Analysis for assigned units (PHA’s)
What Will Put You Ahead
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering
- 7+ years of refinery or chemical plant process engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience with relief system design and standards
- Demonstrated experience with ioXpress relief system software
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC identification badge, allowing for un-escorted access to the facility within a specific time period
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf