Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit www.gp.com.
We are seeking a Supply Chain/Inventory Planner to work as part of our Integrated Business Planning team. The Supply Chain/Inventory Planner will support the execution of inventory strategies, set by the demands of the customer and corrugated business needs. The successful candidate will work with customer service reps, sales reps, our corrugated box plants, and other local leaders to maintain inventory targets and keep inventory and demand planning tools current. This individual will also be engaged in inventory analytics working towards opportunities to optimize manufacturing and improve the customer service experience.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Proactive and analytical approach to managing inventory and utilizing demand planning tools to maintain optimal customer inventory levels.
- Review and timely updates made to the Daily Demand and various SKU planning parameters (Lead Time, Safety Stock, MOQ).
- Monitor Inventory levels and make adjustments as needed to create the most value.
- Analyze historic demand to determine Customer and SKU characteristics (Pareto, Demand Variability, SKU velocity) that provide optimal inventory levels.
- Work with the Corrugated plants and the supply chain team to develop/consolidate customer forecasts.
- Collaborate with S&OP teams to reflect needed inventory builds/draw-downs to optimize system and meet customer requirements.
- Analyze Inventory targets periodically to align with the changing customer demands and business needs.
- Use supply chain concepts to make recommendations to streamline production and minimize the inventory waste
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel (create and modify spreadsheets using formulas to include pivot tables, index match and VLOOKUP and ability to analyze data) and Word (create and modify documents).
- Use/knowledge of inventory systems.
- Understanding of probabilities, statistics, safety stock calculations.
What Will Put You Ahead
- MBA or an Engineering/Supply Chain degree.
- Prior experience in a Demand Planning/Inventory Planning (or similar) role.
- Prior experience in managing finished goods inventory for a manufacturing facility.
- Experience within supply chain/logistics.
- Supply chain certification.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf