Are you an experienced Production Engineer seeking an opportunity to grow and be rewarded for your performance? If so, Flint Hills Resources in Corpus Christi, Texas has career opportunities for you in our refining business and we are looking for great people to grow with us. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of an industry leading company, this may be the opportunity for you!
The Production Engineer is a key member of the site Process Engineering Department as well as a critical support member for the Business Teams. The process engineering team is dedicated to being the technical leaders that drive the highest value solution for our partners. You will be joining a technical community of 30+ chemical engineers and laboratory professionals dedicated to the optimization, performance, troubleshooting, and design improvement of the refinery units.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for long-term performance monitoring and strategic optimization of the processing units within your business team.
- Lead the systematic troubleshooting of process-related problems and leverage root cause analysis techniques to determine the appropriate repair scope.
- Utilize your analytical skills and engineering knowledge to identify, assess, and implement EH&S and business improvement opportunities.
- Member of cross-functional teams involved in process safety reviews, turnaround planning and execution, establishing and challenging unit operating limits, developing and reporting out on business metrics, new technology adoption, and test run development and execution.
- Expected to drive innovation and transformation, make calculated bets, improve efficiency, expand capability, and create value through the application of MBM principles.
The Experience You Will Bring
- B.S. Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of refining process engineering experience
- Experience and knowledge of one or more of the following refinery units: Crude Unit, FCC, Reformer, Hydrotreating, or Hydrocracking
What Will Put You Ahead
- M.S. Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years of refinery engineering experience
- Experience with Hydrocracking or FCCU refinery technology
- Process modeling simulation with Aspen HYSYS
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC identification badge, allowing for un-escorted access to the facility within a specific time period
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf