The Georgia-Pacific Corrugated plant in Asheboro, NC is searching for forklift operators. Our forklift operators will operate a sit-down forklift to load and unload trailers while keeping accurate shipment records. Georgia-Pacific employees strive for compliance, safety and health experience while achieving an injury free workplace.
These openings are on 2nd and 3rd shift. You must be available to work nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Safely operate a 10,000 lb. sit-down forklift to load and unload trailers
- Ensure loads are properly secured and in good condition
- Ensure accurate record keeping for all inbound and outbound shipments
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Perform general housekeeping duties to keep work areas clean and free of safety hazards
- Pull whip and raw material for production support
- Verify receipts, load sheets, and other required paperwork
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least 8 hours a day
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of six (6) months of sit-down forklift experience
- Experience using a computer, tablet, or scan gun for documentation and/or record-keeping functions
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) year of forklift experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience using KIWI Operating system
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf