Ideal candidate would be based in Michigan (World Headquarters, Auburn Hills or SRG Global Headquarters, Troy).
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support the identification of environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks and compliance requirements associated with each Guardian business
- Develop knowledge of global market expectations and ESG drivers for both automotive and building products sectors (Drive Sustainability, Green Building Standards (LEED, BREEAM))
- Partner with key business leaders throughout the product life cycle (Product Development, Strategic Sourcing, EH&S, Operations, Marketing & Sales, Legal) to build capability at business level through connection to our ESG priorities
- Provide support and respond to key ESG surveys (e.g., SAQ/NQC, EcoVadis, CDP) and customer inquiries
- Contribution to life cycle assessments (LCA), environmental product declarations (EPD), material transparency and product certifications
- Support execution and partnership of community engagement opportunities (e.g. Forgotten Harvest, Youth Entrepreneurs®, Wildlife Habitat Council partnership)
- Support continued understanding of leading indicators and integration of sustainability considerations (market access, customer expectations, legal requirements) into key business capabilities & processes (Commercial sales, R&D, marketing, communications, SS&P).
- Support sustainability communication strategy both internally and externally (stories, social media, internal platforms, etc.)
- Support environmental reduction and strategy initiatives, including energy reduction and renewables, water reduction strategies, and waste recycling and reduction.
- Engagement with other Koch businesses to understand strategic approaches being utilized to meet customer expectations and to see what can be leveraged
- Develop capability and support implementation of the ESG program for Guardian Industries.
- Sustainability program elements are developed collaboratively to ensure they can be leveraged across the global Glass and SRG businesses.
- Project updates to the Product Stewardship Manager and Guardian EHS Director are timely and provide transparency to progress, obstacles, and deliverables.
- ESG technical support is provided to support business needs for product changes and other key business initiatives. These opportunities are leveraged to develop capability within the Guardian business where possible.
- ESG technical support is provided to support new innovation projects originating from the SRG Advanced Development Center (ADC) and Glass Science & Technology Center (STC)
The Experience You Will Bring
- 1 - 5 years professional experience; entry to mid-level support with opportunity for development
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in sustainability, environmental engineering, chemistry or materials engineering
- Familiarity with ESG concepts – can connect to market access drivers, compliance concepts, risk assessment thinking skills
- Problem solver – ability to identify ESG risks and contribute to value added business strategies
- Critical thinking – can gather facts, document analysis and results, develop path forward, demonstrate attention to detail
- Self-starter – will develop subject matter expertise within the capability on business specific ESG drivers, willing to own and be accountable for projects
- Can interact across a wide range of capabilities – effective communication skills, knows or is willing to establish networks in the site/business and with peers to share knowledge, resourceful
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Works well both independently and on teams
- Experience with Microsoft Teams preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point
- High level of enthusiasm, persistence, leadership ability, initiative
- Ability to define and organize diverse projects in a timely manner
- Must speak English
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf