Recovery and Evaporators Assistant Superintendent (Optimizer)
Georgia Pacific is currently seeking qualified candidates to consider for a Recovery and Evaporators Assistant Superintendent (Optimizer) for our Brunswick, GA cellulose mill. The successful candidate will have leadership responsibility for the safe and environmentally compliant operation of two recovery boilers, a set of pre-evaporators, two sets of evaporators, one set of concentrators, two foul condensate strippers, and a chloride crystallizer. This will also include management of the black and green liquor systems within the recovery department. This position will provide the necessary technical support to optimize the operation by working with operators, shift supervisors and the leadership team to improve efficiency and lower operating cost. Role will report to the Utilities Area Leader and coordinate closely with the rest of the operations team and reliability/maintenance to ensure equipment reliability and effective spending. Long-term value is created through the application of the company’s business philosophy of Market Based Management & Georgia-Pacific’s Guiding Principles.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Facilitate a culture of safety and environmental excellence through critical hazard identification, risk reduction, and risk mitigation
- Work with front line supervisors to coach and develop employees through a Disciplined Ops approach (development of RRE’s, Leader Standard Work, Playbook implementation, etc.)
- Provide operational/business leadership and technical support for the manufacturing process of the area and facilitate troubleshooting and problem solving to achieve goals
- Lead teams in the identification, development, evaluation and implementation of safety and/or cost reduction initiatives and projects that add the highest value to the operation to drive continuous improvement
- Develop and support the effective use of procedures in order to promote a safe and reliable operation
- Innovate and collaborate with process control with a focus on process automation (APC’s, auto startup, and shutdowns)
- Optimize and coordinate planning for scheduled shutdowns and maintenance and capital projects
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with three (3) or more years of experience working with recovery/evaporator processes OR 10 or more years of experience working within power/recovery processes
- Experience in developing and implementing improvement processes and projects
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) or more years of experience with recovery/evaporator processes
- Three (3) or more years of leadership and facilitator experience recovery/evaporator processes
- Experience with Kraft process chemical recovery operations
- Experience working in a Process Safety Management (PSM) covered facility
- Experience with process controls
Georgia -Pacific Brunswick Cellulose mill manufactures softwood fluff pulps. Our products are used primarily in absorbent products such as diapers and hygiene products. To learn more about our Cellulose Division, visit http://www.gppackaging.com/Cellulose
Brunswick, GA in Glynn County, which is in southeast Georgia, about halfway between Savannah, GA and Jacksonville, FL, and a short drive off Interstate 95. Hunting, fishing, golfing and visiting historical landmarks are among the hobbies residents enjoy. To learn more about Brunswick, check out this link: www.brunswickgoldenisleschamber.com
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf