Process Control Engineer
~~~$5,000 Sign On Bonus~~~
Eligible for Relocation Assistance
Georgia-Pacific is seeking qualified professionals to consider for a Process Control Engineer opportunity at our Brewton, AL mill. This role will serve as the facility’s technical subject matter expert for process control systems. The desired candidate must also be passionate about mentoring and demonstrate economic thinking and problem-solving skills. Our culture is defined by the Market-Based Management® philosophy which guides everyday decision making and provides employees with opportunities to contribute and personally benefit from the value they create.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work closely with mill personnel to identify opportunities and solve problems
- Support of process operations through both the application of process control systems and general troubleshooting of the processes
- Support of the maintenance group in troubleshooting problems with the processes and the process control systems
- Support of the project engineering group in planning and installing new process equipment and process control systems
- Development of process control modifications that lead to improved safety, reduced costs, and improved efficiency
- Support of the mill safety program, both through personal conduct and performance of safety audits
- Support of the mill OSI PI data historian and its users
- Assemble reports to document process status and changes.
- Track metrics to ensure control systems are delivering expected results or to discover areas for improvement
- Utilize organization skills and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Share department call responsibility
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering OR Bachelor’s Degree in Paper Science
- One (1) or more years of experience in Process Controls in a manufacturing or heavy industrial environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word (document creation), Excel (spreadsheets), and Outlook (email and calendar)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Three (3) or more years of experience in Process Controls
- Engineering and application experience with process control systems; Honeywell TDC 3000 or Experion DCS experience
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs
- Experience in supporting process control systems in a Pulp and Paper mill
- Experience in installing process control systems, including construction, checkout, and startup of new systems
- Experience with network technology
The Brewton Mill produces white top linerboard and solid bleached sulfate (SBS) paperboard. The SBS material is used to make GP's Dixie plates as well as a variety of cartons that require high-quality graphics including those for pharmaceuticals, DVDs, and cosmetics. White top linerboard is used in production of corrugated containers and displays. To learn more about our Bleach Board Division, visit www.gppackaging.com
The Brewton mill is located in south central Alabama about an hour from Mobile, AL, Pensacola, FL, and the beautiful beaches of the Gulf Coast. Brewton residents enjoy the outdoors either on the beaches of Florida or by fishing on 1,600 miles of river in Alabama. The hunting trails and bass fishing regularly attract visitors. Alabama is home to many minor league baseball teams and two NCAA Division-I powerhouses. Nearby attractions include the Montgomery Zoo, the Gulf of Mexico and the Blue Angels.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf