Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to provide leadership and presence at our Milan, MI facility. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the EHS Manager provides leadership and strategic direction by building a partnership with front-line leadership and collaborating with business partners to develop and mentor the production team relating to EHS.
In this role, EHS Managers ensure systems to effectively address facility EHS risk profiles. The role balances Safety and Environmental with a 70% focus on safety and a 30% focus on environmental aspects and accountability. Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. To learn more about our Corrugated Division, http://www.gppackaging.com
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing leadership and direction to achieve the EHS vision through management commitment and employee ownership
- Fostering an environment where employees understand and exercise their decision rights regarding EHS
- Work to create an environment where all employees actively participate in achieving our vision
- Developing and aligning facility programs and strategies according to the business plan
- Ensuring EHS elements are integrated into the employees’ responsibilities and expectations
- Leading the development of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards
- Increasing critical hazard awareness thereby reducing the likelihood of at-risk behaviors
- Ensuring an effective change management process is in place
- Partnering with facility leadership to develop short and long-term EHS objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks
- Ensuring the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs utilizing qualified instructors
- Conducting routine management reviews and adjust plans as necessary
- Utilizing development plans to grow the teams’ EHS skills and knowledge
- Advance a Market-Based Management® culture
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Safety, Environmental, EHS related field, and/or five (5) or more years’ equivalent EHS experience
- Three (3) or more years of EHS experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software (i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification or demonstrated progress to attain CSP or other professional safety certifications
- Previous leadership experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf