Process Safety Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific has an immediate opening for a Process Safety Manager at our Cedar Springs, GA facility. This position reports to the Safety & Health Leader. The ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit while providing leadership and strategic direction for Process Safety Management (PSM) across regulated areas and critical hazards in the facility. As a visible leader within our mill operations team, the Process Safety Engineer/Leader has a specific focus on ensuring processes are designed, operated, and maintained for safety. They will serve as a mentor for mill leadership and all employees to develop knowledge and appreciation for the value created by a process safety approach to managing operations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing leadership and guidance to achieve the process safety vision through management commitment and employee ownership
- Providing and pursuing engineering solutions to resolve or eliminate identified process safety risks
- Conducting daily walk throughs of the mill with a focus upon interaction with operations and maintenance personnel to understand and resolve barriers to effective process safety management practices
- Reviewing and validating of operating procedures, the design and specification of process equipment and pressure safety devices, and engineering capability responsibility for process hazard analyses (PHA), management of change (MOC), and pre-startup safety reviews (PSSR)
- Demonstrating of the effective use of the 14 OSHA PSM process safety elements in the mill environment to fully integrate process safety into daily operations
- Being the mill-wide resource for the Process Safety program and maintaining critical process safety information including: P&ID's, PFD's, chemical compatibility matrix, etc. in adherence with the GP Process Safety Standard
- Maintaining regular communication will mill leadership regarding process safety plans and issues impacting the mill
- Ensuring management systems are aligned with GP’s risk profile and developing the process safety strategy
- Leading and/or facilitating risk assessments at the facility for anticipating, identifying and evaluating hazards, including traditional PHA (Process Hazard Analysis) methodologies
- Leading plant process incident investigations and developing effective corrective actions to prevent recurrence
- Leading learning teams in a plant manufacturing environment using Human and Organizational Performance (HOP) techniques
- Reviewing of process safety incidents and near misses to identify trends and ensure sustainable corrective actions are implemented
- Assisting S&H leadership with the development of short and long-term process safety objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks
- Ensuring the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to expand process safety knowledge and effective implementation across the facility and into the hearts and minds of employees.
- Leading mill compliance efforts with process safety including managing a system to measure, monitor, and improve process safety
- Working collaboratively and effectively with all levels of the organization
- Working independently and managing multiple priorities to assist the mill in achieving its safety goals
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering
- Three (3) or more years of experience implementing process safety elements within a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Experience with Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), management of change (MOC), and pre-startup safety reviews (PSSR)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Leadership experience within a chemical, petrochemical, or pulp/paper mill in operations, technical, or mechanical integrity role
- Five (5) or more years of experience in a process safety role or equivalent engineering experience within a PSM regulated operation
- Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) leadership experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) and/or Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Experience in the pulp & paper industry
- Knowledge of how manufacturing processes work and basic equipment operation within the processes
- Experience with and knowledge of OSHA’s Process Safety Management regulation, 29 CFR 1910.119
Since 1963, the Cedar Springs mill team has been on a journey to make the best products possible for customers while doing it in new and innovative ways. Creating value for our customers and for society is the ultimate goal for our business, and one of our comparative advantages is our ability to do so through our dedicated employees. Georgia-Pacific is committed to environmental sustainability and stewardship through every stage of our business, using environmentally conscious production practices to maximize the use of renewable raw materials throughout our process.
The Cedar Springs facility is one of the largest containerboard facilities in the country with three paper machines that make different weights of brown paper & containerboard paper. The Cedar Springs Mill, located in the southwest corner of Georgia is approximately 28 miles from Dothan, Alabama. Dothan is the 6th largest city in the state of Alabama with a population of about 70,000. From Dothan, you are only 90 miles from the beautiful Gulf Coast. You can easily drive to 3 capital cities in 3 1/2 hours or less. You are just 1.5 hours from Tallahassee, FL and Montgomery, AL. Additionally, Dothan has several parks, restaurants and local entertainment activities. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.