Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to join our team in Milan, MI. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for coordinating installation, maintenance and repair work in the facility. They are also responsible for overseeing the maintenance team and working with each individual employee to continuously improve their performance and development within the organization. This leader will use knowledge to develop and carry out objectives, solve problems, and be able to respond to short-term as well as long term department goals.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction to the maintenance department to ensure the maintenance team is meeting the objectives in safety, reliability, quality, cost, and customer service. The candidate will support preventative maintenance programs and provide technical support for troubleshooting to minimize downtime and maximize process efficiencies.
We are offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus with this role!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure a safe work environment, engage employees to drive safety improvements and work with them on using safe work practices
- Lead and develop the maintenance team toward in providing safe, compliant, reliable, and productive support for the plant
- Maintain proper communication with management, co-workers, and employees
- Oversee the maintenance of all production equipment and control systems with a focus on the customer by ensuring effective time management of technicians
- Manage and coordinate computer-based work requests/orders and parts ordering system to enable best utilization of maintenance labor and resources
- Work with Reliability Manager and Plant Superintendent to execute work based on priorities
- Ensure proper and timely feedback is given to operations personnel
- Plan and coordinate PM and repair activities through the maintenance management system
- Assist in managing projects and areas of focus as assigned
- Assist in weekend maintenance as needed
- Develop site best practices for reliability and use of maintenance system, and coach others to promote effective use of the system
- Advancing a Market-Based Management® culture
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) years or more of experience in a maintenance field
- One (1) year or more of supervisory experience
- Experience leading improvement efforts in reliability, predictive and preventative maintenance
- Experience leading root cause failure analysis
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, database, and graphics (such as MS Office applications) in order to store, organize and analyze department data
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Experience in the Pulp and Paper industry
- Industrial electrical experience
- Passport CMMS experience
- Experience implementing precision maintenance techniques to improve equipment reliability
- Experience with repairing/troubleshooting pumps, gearboxes, paper machine rolls, mechanical drive systems (conveyors, line shafts, drag chains), steam turbines, PLCs, high voltage (480V), & AC/DC drives
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf