Packaging & Conveyance Engineer
a The Transportation and Industrial Solutions (TIS) Packaging and Conveyance Engineer will be responsible for taking an enterprising look across the entire manufacturing process. They will be responsible for creating a workflow that begins at product conception and goes through all aspects of the manufacturing process. This includes in-process, at point of use as well as finished goods packaging. Manual, semi-automated and automated conveyance solutions will be evaluated with the most appropriate solution being applied. This will be in cooperation with outside suppliers, in-house automation, and the responsible Molex Manufacturing Integration Engineer (MIE).
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide packaging and manufacturing solutions to the various internal (Molex) and external (Customer) recipients on a global basis that meet or exceed program requirements
- Design, test and validate expendable and returnable packaging solutions, including injection molded and thermoformed trays, plastic totes, dividers, tubes, pallets, barrier bags and corrugated cartons based on customer and internal specifications.
- Collaborate with the MIE, Product Designer, and plant Process Engineers to create a packaging plan that supports the manufacturing process Work in Process (WIP) through final assembly.
- Create quote packages including equipment build specifications, providing direction to tooling and equipment suppliers, act as a liaison between external equipment suppliers and plant Manufacturing Engineers
- Create process flows and PFMEA’s
- Support existing products with cost savings initiatives, quality concerns, Production Change Notifications (PCN), etc.
- Provide 3D CAD models and 2D drawings
- Coordinating qualification and Run @ Rate activities
- Submit Molex packaging data into customer databases
- Occasional travel domestically and internationally (10%)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in a Packaging or Industrial/Manufacturing environment; OR an Internship/Co-op in Packaging or Industrial/Manufacturing required
- Ability to read a 2D CAD drawing
- Knowledge of packaging standards and testing, ex: International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) 1A and ISTA 1E (drop and vibration testing)
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing, and packaging materials and processes
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging or Industrial Engineering
- Knowledge of 3D CAD software highly preferred
- Manufacturing Engineering or Manufacturing Line background
- Experience using Value Stream Mapping
- Experience with automotive packaging standards and requirements
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf