R&D Analytical Team Leader / Scientist
INVISTA Research and Development (R&D) operates a world class multidisciplinary Process R&D Laboratory comprised of an innovative, highly motivated and skilled technical team located in Orange, Texas. INVISTA has a continued commitment to leadership in many catalyst areas by utilizing advantaged technology with an emphasis in the area of hydrocyanation, hydrogenation and oxidation catalysis of small molecules that have value in the marketplace. This position interfaces with additional R&D and technical resources across INVISTA Global R&D sites to solve challenging technical problems in the areas of catalyst chemistry, polymer chemistry and material sciences.
Our Orange, Texas site is seeking an R&D Analytical Team Leader / Scientist in our Intermediates Research Group. INVISTA’s commitment to continue as a world leader in Process R&D will provide challenging career openings and the opportunity to be at the forefront of technological advancement on a global stage.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead and assist a highly skilled analytical team to solve challenging technical problems.
- Assure accurate interpretation of data by auditing results and providing routine feedback and training to technicians.
- Work in cross functional research team environment with product/process development scientists, engineers, and analytical team members to support research programs.
- Assist in the operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and interpretation of analytical instrumentation.
- Ensures all Job Safety Analysis requirements are met while working with highly flammable, corrosive, and toxic chemicals e.g. hydrogen cyanide, hydrogen, carbon monoxide, nitriles or amines.
The Experience You Will Bring
- PhD in Analytical, Organic, Inorganic or Organometallic Chemistry or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Analytical Instrumentation and Method development.
- Development experience with chromatography, GC/MS, multi-nuclear NMR, and interpretation of NMR spectra.
- Able to lift up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Able to stand for extended periods and walk to different areas of the site with occasionally bending, kneeling, and climbing up platforms.
- Wear any or all of the following PPE: safety glasses, hearing protection, goggles, hard hats, FRC, acid suits, breathing air, gloves, safety boots, respirators, and encapsulated suits.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated fundamental knowledge of diverse analytical instrumentation.
- Experience with LIMS.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf