Georgia-Pacific is seeking safety-oriented individuals to join our team as a Millwright in Hosford, FL. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. The successful candidate must be able to provide their own personal metric and standard tools, to include wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers etc.
This position creates value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased up-time and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals. Our Millwrights will be required to have their own hand tools and sign a confidentiality agreement as a condition of employment.
Georgia-Pacific in Hosford, FL manufactures Oriented Strand Board (OSB), compressed strands of wood chips that are bound together by adhesives which prevent moisture intrusion. The most common uses are sheathing in walls, flooring and roof decking. Georgia-Pacific’s Building Products business has consistently been among the nation’s top suppliers of building products to building materials dealers and large warehouse retailers. Georgia-Pacific employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
What you will do in your role.
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, and repairing industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and up-time
- Performing periodic maintenance routines to identify and correct mechanical defects before they fail
- Maintaining operations equipment to achieve optimal performance levels
- Working with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Performing responsibilities of the job in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment, following strict safety rules and regulations, while wearing Personal Protective Equipment when necessary
The experience you will bring.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least One (1) year of experience in industrial mechanical maintenance, including welding, within an industrial, military or manufacturing environment
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience with troubleshooting conveyors and hydraulic systems
- Completion of an approved apprentice program, Associate’s degree or trade school certificate in the mechanical field, or at least two (2) years of experience troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, and repairing industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and up-time
- Welding experience
- Fabrication experience
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf