Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Production Planner for our mills. A Production Planner creates value by optimizing production and minimizing costs across our cellulose pulp mills while maintaining world class customer service.
If you are a strong multi-tasker, you embrace change and work well in a fast-paced team environment; we are interested in learning more about you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Managing and optimizing production schedules and trim efficiency/machine utilization for Georgia- Pacific paper machines
- Coordinating and collaborating with various organizational units including sales, customer service, manufacturing/operations, mill shipping departments, and the GP transportation group
- Using various tools, i.e.: an order management system, production planning software, an optimization model and data repositories to make production decisions
- Utilizing problem solving skills to successfully trim production orders across multiple mills to optimize our mill system
- Tracking mill performance and notifying team/internal customers of production variances and drivers
- Developing resolution plans with various organizational units if unplanned events impact customer deliveries
- Identifying trends utilizing analytical skills and tools
- Utilizing verbal and written communication skills to facilitate meetings and present to the team
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (spreadsheets and data analysis)
- Willing and able to travel approximately 5%
- Willing and able to be on-call in the event of an after-hours mill need
What Will Put You Ahead
- Three (3) years or more of experience in production planning, demand planning, deployment planning, procurement or a supply chain execution function
- Experience using Pivot Tables and analyzing information in Excel
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf