Manual QA Engineer
Sentient Energy (www.sentient-energy.com), a subsidiary of Koch Engineered Solutions (KES), has established itself as an electric utility industry leader with its uniquely capable “Grid Analytics System”, consisting of several intelligent sensor product lines and software packages, that expand the visibility into critical operating conditions on the electric power grid. Global utilities already spend billions annually on distribution automation products, with strong growth expected over the next 5 years as the industry prepares for a rapid increase in solar, electric vehicle and other renewables penetration. Sentient Energy is positioned to capitalize on this trend and be a leader in the most rapidly growing sector of the Smart Grid, while making the delivery of power more reliable, safer, lower cost, and much “greener”.
We are looking for a Manual QA Engineer who is interested in joining an extremely passionate and talented team to take on the challenge of making the power grid safer, more reliable, and more efficient. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and dynamic individual who demands the highest level of product quality. He/she has a track record of being execution oriented, and willing to take on any challenges necessary to get the job done. This individual will lead the manual QA effort for our line of software testing.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Run manual and test automation test suite
- Maintain and support QA lab setup
- Support remote team and local test automation team with QA lab task
- Document bugs and track bug resolution through the engineering teams to closure
- Write detailed defect reports and summary test reports
- Constantly work to improve the quality of the products and establish QA best practices
- Responsibilities may include external communication on topics related to the system implementation and testing
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years of experience in manual software testing
- Prior work experience in bash scripting
- Experience working with Linux on PC’s
- Bachelor's Degree
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with sensor systems
- Experience with products that are deployed in the Electric utility industry and smart-grid is desirable
- Experience with mesh wireless systems
- Experience with cellular (GSM, CDMA, LTE, etc.) systems
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf