Georgia-Pacific Gypsum in McQueeney, TX is seeking a Plant Engineer to develop and carry out objectives, solve problems, and be able to respond to short-term as well as long-term mill goals to ensure a reliable, safe, and injury/incident free environment. Our Senior Engineer will motivate, coach, and inspire by demonstrating, promoting, and applying Georgia-Pacific’s Market Based Management (MBM®) in daily actions and decisions to deliver maximum value to the business and our customers. If you are a driven leader who can operate with a principled entrepreneurial spirit, we’d like to learn more about you!
The Plant Engineer plays a key role in optimizing plant performance by leveraging technology while providing expertise and solutions to manage controls, networks, computers, and related systems. The McQueeney plant offers a team-based environment where members work collaboratively to produce high-quality gypsum products for the building industry.
If you are seeking an opportunity where you can use technology, collaboration, and knowledge to create value, we are interested in learning more about you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leveraging data systems and direct inspections to assess and monitor equipment for output quality, variability, reliability, and rate
- Leading/performing process checks and studies to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement
- Providing direct plant support in troubleshooting, asset strategies, project development and execution
- Supporting and developing a network of plant asset owners through mentorship, operating procedures, best practices, and Knowledge Shares
- Leading projects that restore, maintain, and improve operations
- Developing and applying strategies to optimize on-going operations with automation and innovative technologies
- Must be able and willing to work in an industrial manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, hot, dusty, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or a related technical discipline
- Three (3) or more years of process engineering, and/or building products manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated project management skills and analytics experience
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis, performance gap identification and analysis, and project or program planning and execution
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools in the following manner: Excel – (sorting data, creating tables and creating graphs); Outlook – (scheduling tasks, calendar invitations and general professional correspondence); Word – (document creation/editing)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Six Sigma certification
- Statistical Process Controls (SPC) experience
- Experience leading improvement teams
- Process mapping and optimization skills
- Data mining and analysis skills
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS); MP2 desired
- Experience with mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, conveying and pyro processing systems including natural gas burners
- Direct supervisory experience or managing contractor crews
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf