Automation Technician (Chicago-based)
Are you a mechanically inclined person who enjoys working in a team environment to troubleshoot and resolve mechanical issues? If so, we may have just the opportunity for you!
We are seeking qualified applicants for the role of Automation Technician supporting the operation of automated guided vehicles in a Chicago-area distribution center. This position will be a part of a dynamic work team and report to the Automation & Robotics Center of Excellence team. The position will also work with a team that services all geographic regions across the country. We are expecting the role to reside in Chicago, Illinois area. This is a non-exempt salaried position.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Complete regularly scheduled Preventive Maintenance (PMs) on time and per AGV Platform requirements
- Provide corrective maintenance, including Root Cause Analysis
- Effectively provide feedback and training to Operator Technicians as needed
- Use tools and data to predict when maintenance should occur
- Ensure Asset Strategies are being executed and provide feedback to AGV Platform when changes are needed
- Track issues/repairs and utilize escalation process via Passport, SAP or similar tools
- Work collaboratively with other internal resources to engage Advanced Automation Team as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- PLC knowledge and troubleshooting capability
- 2-year degree in Electronic or Mechanical Technology or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical principles, motors, drivers, belts and bearings
- Strong computer skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in operations and equipment maintenance or manufacturing engineering
- Ability to learn specific skills required to maintain and operate Automated Guided Vehicles
- Willing and able to communicate with all levels of the organization (i.e., via reports, e-mail, verbally, and/or in small/large group settings) in a team environment
- Willing and able to stay current in best practices as required of the job
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis techniques
- Willing and able to travel (regionally) approximately 20-30% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with maintenance of Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs)
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct, multi-task and make decisions
- Experience supplying service across multiple locations
- Experience with electrical safe work practices – NFPA 70-E Electrical Safety Standards
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf