This job posting is no longer active.
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion is seeking a Process Engineer (PE) to fulfill a role within the Combustion Systems team located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This role owns and provides technical solutions of engineered systems focusing on Thermal Oxidizer, Packaged Boiler, SCR and other like system applications. This role will work to gain insight, understanding and support to provide proactive solutions. This individual will work closely with multiple facets of the business and teams including sales, project management, control/mechanical design, and service support teams to ensure the equipment performance requirements are achieved. We are looking for someone who is willing to think outside of the box and can provide innovative solutions for our customers. This role is open to candidates in Tulsa, Wichita, and Houston.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide process designs and solutions for Thermal Oxidizer and Packaged Boiler applications (along with their ancillary equipment) to the applications engineers by performing preliminary design calculations for proposals
- Support operations team by performing detailed design calculations for existing and new orders including equipment definition, application summary, control methodology for equipment functionality, and narrative for operating manuals
- Provide a safe design, in accordance with accepted industry practices, project specifications and applicable design standards, and notify the project team of any unsafe conditions discovered
- Support international affiliates and share knowledge to build international technical capabilities
- Investigate and resolve technical complaints or warranty claims
- Work with the John Zink test facility to complete testing of equipment for final design modifications and guide customer demonstration testing
- Work with and utilize various intercompany engineering teams to evaluate applications to provide customers with robust and effective solutions
- Participate in process and mechanical standardization efforts
- Participate in technology development projects as they are assigned by the Technology Manager and/or Process Engineering Manager
- Work with Technology Manager to prepare standard engineering packages for new technologies
- Provide training to applications engineers, project engineers, project managers and service technicians
- Travel up to 15% of time to customer facilities for startups, haz-ops, consultation, or troubleshooting
- Attend approved seminars, training conferences, and other forums pertinent to job responsibilities
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Petrochemical Engineering
Experience in the refining or petrochemical industries
- Experience working with piping & instrumentation diagram (P&ID), mechanical equipment spec sheets, fabrication details and iso drawings
- Experience with Process Simulator packages
What Will Put You Ahead:
- 5+ years’ of process, applications, design, operation, and/or development experience relating to Thermal Oxidizer, Boiler, and/or SCR applications.
- Experience with process design and engineering for refinery and chemical processing equipment (examples: packaged equipment, boilers, furnaces, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, rotating equipment, control systems, piping, etc.)
- Experience leveraging computational fluid dynamics (CFD) or related consulting services
- Experience working directly with international customers and suppliers
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
This role is not Visa Sponsorship eligible
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.