Pulp Mill Shift Leader
This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Shift Leader for the Pulp and Utilities area of our containerboard mill in Toledo, OR. The Shift Leader will be responsible for leading shift employees to work injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment consistent with management philosophy and framework. The Shift Leader is also responsible for supervising and coordinating real-time production efforts that result in sustained improvement in all associated work processes including: Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) compliance, reliability, quality, production, and costs. The Shift Leader reports to the Department Area Leader.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leading a shift team in the production of containerboard in a safe and efficient manner and to take ownership of the existing safety and quality processes
- Coordinating real-time efforts of area teams to safely meet the daily production plan
- Supervising shift employees in the pulp and utilities area of the mill
- Facilitating team development and communication, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership and holding employees accountable
- Driving safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively eliminate hazards
- Promoting employee involvement, providing coaching, feedback and direction as required
- Assisting with troubleshooting production issues
- Providing safety training to crew members and deliver training materials in a meaningful approach
- Providing coaching and performance management
- Utilizing excellent communication skills
- Working in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas while adhering to all safety rules and regulations, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- The hours are a rotating 12-hour shift which includes two days 6:30AM-6:30PM and two nights 6:30 PM-6:30 AM with four days off
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing, industrial, or military environment
- Experience with coaching, training, and developing staff
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Five (5) or more years of supervisory experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Experience in the pulp and paper industry
Our Toledo facility is an integrated mill that manufactures containerboard, including unbleached linerboard and corrugating medium that is converted into corrugated boxes and packaging at numerous box plants on the West Coast from Washington to California and New Mexico. The packaging is used for a variety of products such as fruit, vegetables and seafood; consumer goods such as tissue, paper products, packaged food and beverages. The GP Toledo mill is the largest recycler of wastepaper (used cardboard boxes) in Oregon at over 500,000 tons recycled annually. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
Toledo, situated on a bend of the Yaquina River and surrounded by wooded hills, is just seven miles inland from the Central Oregon Coast, the only inland coastal community with a deep-water channel. The historic town cascades over the hillsides to the river. Once a bustling lumber mill town, Toledo’s industries today include lively boat repair businesses and Port of Toledo facilities; which support the fishing industry; a vibrant arts community, and a modern paper products mill. (visittheoregoncoast.com)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.