Signal Integrity Design Engineer
Who We Are:
At Molex we’re committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. Connected Mobility Solutions (CMS), a business unit of Molex LLC, develops innovative products and manufacturing processes around automotive in-vehicle networking, infotainment and lighting segments.
At Molex, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. Come join our journey.
Who We Are Looking For:
Molex CMS product team is seeking a dynamic and proactive Electrical Design Engineer to develop, characterize and release various automotive cable designs, for in-vehicle networks in the automotive industry. This role will play a key part in interacting with preferred automotive cable vendors to characterize, define and release automotive cables for Molex networking solutions. Main responsibilities for this position include: Understanding and application of Automotive cable standards such as USCAR 2, GMW3191 and USCAR17; Testing, documentation and release of Signal Integrity cable solutions, including the use of Automotive high-speed. Capable of using electronic equipment such as BER testers, Network Analyzers, TDRs and other SI lab equipment. Team oriented development of high speed cable solutions, including: Testing, Validation and Release, Troubleshooting, Vendor Engagement. Development of analytical cable modeling functionality for design support in connect/cable solutions.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience in Signal Integrity design for cable/connectors and Signal Integrity analysis of high speed solutions
What You Will Bring:
- Background in the development of best in-class product designs and quality
- Working knowledge of High Speed and electrical instrumentation
- Understanding of Signal Integrity principles for solutions, connectors, and cables. Signal Integrity Principles include a working knowledge of transmission line theory, s-parameters, bit error rate testing, crosstalk, characteristic impedance, eye diagrams, time domain analysis, as it relates to cable and connector design
- A critical mind for validation and high-quality standards
- Commitment to adding maximum value by on-time and highest quality project completion
- Ability to identify opportunities for continual improvement
What We Offer:
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work