Join our Georgia-Pacific, Cellulose team in Memphis, TN as a Process Engineer supporting our Finishing area. Our Memphis facility is a pulp manufacturing plant that produces chemical cellulose, custom fibers, and paper grade materials used in products such as LCD displays, coatings, pharmaceuticals, currency, and filtration. Our Cellulose team is committed to meeting the needs of our customers in more than 75 countries worldwide by providing them with quality products, global logistics, and technical services. To learn more about GP’s Cellulose business and products, please visit www.gppackaging.com/Cellulose
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead mill improvement process in the finishing area to reduce manufacturing costs by optimizing and continuously improving throughput and reducing waste to include identifying and closing gaps with sustainability programs, addressing people, processes, and equipment
- Support an environment to achieve Health, Safety, and Environmental Excellence
- Assist in executing Georgia-Pacific’s Operations Excellence reliability and asset strategy improvement for the Finishing area
- Provide technical assistance and seek, share, and transfer knowledge to the operating team (work with equipment operators to create process work documents)
- Identify, investigate, recommend, and implement equipment improvements, new systems and process changes that will improve productivity, yield, quality and/or reduce costs
- Develop initial engineering scope of work and financial analysis for capital and expense projects
- Partner with quality to determine a preliminary Root Cause response to customer complaints
- Working closely with Shipping, Quality, and Maintenance to identify issues and develop improvement plans for finishing processes and assets
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or Pulp and Paper Science
- Experience working in a Paper Mill / Pulp Mill environment
- Experience using data analysis to identify gaps, to develop solutions, and help improve business results
- Experience with MS Office: Word (create documents), Excel (formulas/graphing data) and Outlook (email/ schedule meetings)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a process engineering role
- Experience using PTMS, PI, or PPIS Products.
- Three years or more of experience with finishing assets and equipment in a pulp and paper operation
- Previous experience developing action/ improvement plans to address operational gaps to help improve business results
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf