Component Specialist (ECAD Librarian)
As a member of the Platform Development team, you will join a diverse group of Hardware, FPGA, Firmware, Mechanical and PCB designers bringing the technical knowledge necessary to create class leading products for use in the revolution of industrial automation solutions.
The products delivered by Molex are getting faster, denser, smarter, and more complex with every evolution. In this role, the Component Engineer (ECAD Librarian) will contribute to design workflow and component library maintenance. The component engineer will also provide support in keeping existing products in production thru alternate assessments and selection.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Creation and approval of Schematic symbols and footprints.
- Management of component libraries and component creation process flow.
- Assists Hardware and ECAD Designers in component and footprint selection.
- Recommend alternate components to address obsolescence and reliability issues.
- Support the DFM process during product release.
- Provide support to the layout team when available on simpler designs.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Electronics Technician or Technologist with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in compliance with design guidelines and standards.
- Good understanding of electronic components and their packaging technologies.
- Ability to organize work in order to assist multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of multilayer PCB fabrication and assembly processes.
- Open to both receive and contribute with improvement ideas.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge of Cadence Allegro ECAD tool environment is an asset.
- Exposure to IPC-7351 for land pattern definition is an asset.