Maintenance Project Coordinator
Georgia Pacific has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Project Coordinator at our Wheatfield, IN Gypsum facility. The Maintenance Project Coordinator creates value by leading project teams in the development and implementation of maintenance projects at the site. The selected individual will provide technical support, planning and leadership to plant maintenance teams. This will be accomplished through creative insight, innovation, disciplined problem solving, personal accountability, economic decision making, and critical thinking.
Our Plant has operated continuously in Wheatfield, IN for over 20 years and is a preferred supplier in our market with current and future capital investments that are planned to keep our operation viable and profitable for decades to come. Members of our Maintenance team work for an industry leader with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package and an operation with a record of longevity and success.
If you possess a strong mechanical and project planning orientation combined with leadership and an entrepreneurial spirit, we would like to learn more about you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leading maintenance and project teams in the development and implementation of projects using the Georgia-Pacific project work process and leveraging the latest project management tools and techniques to complete all phases maintenance projects and activities
- Providing integrity-based leadership for the execution of maintenance projects from conceptualization through operational performance
- Managing maintenance projects utilizing communication, time management and presentation skills to all levels of the organization to include peers, leadership, corporate resources, and floor-level team members
- Coordinate the use of contractors in compliance with all GP Contractor Guidelines
- Understanding and application of Georgia-Pacific’s Market Based Management (MBM®) to influence and lead maintenance and project teams to implement strategic initiatives.
- Supporting value drivers for the business by safely and responsibly delivering maintenance project goals including product quality, production, schedule, and cost
- Providing technical support to maintenance and operations
- Use critical, economic, and analytical thinking skills to foresee technical issues and report to Senior Management
- Participate in the development, supervision and engagement of the maintenance department team
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) years experience leading, directing, and tracking progress of projects
- Three (3) years directly supervising others in maintenance and/or mechanical repair
- Proven Mechanical maintenance aptitude and troubleshooting / problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project
- Proven experience navigating software programs and systems
- Proven experience preparing project documents, presentations skills, etc.
- Must be willing and able to work in an industrial manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends as the business requires
- Experience using AutoCAD Suite
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) years experience leading, directing and tracking progress of projects
- Five (5) years directly supervising others in maintenance and/or mechanical repair
- Experience using basic accounting and financial knowledge
- Experience repairing manufacturing equipment in a Gypsum Wallboard Manufacturing Facility
- Extensive experience coordinating, planning and leading contractor services in a Manufacturing Facility
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or related certification/degree
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf