Our Monticello, MS Facility is currently hiring Production Workers to join our team. Production Workers have the exciting opportunity to become a valued member of a hard-working team dedicated to supporting our machines technicians with the production and delivery of high-quality paper products for our customers. Employees that demonstrate initiative and the desire to learn new skills are highly valued at Georgia-Pacific. Successful employees will have the opportunity to advance.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operating equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Learning multiple operator functions to operate equipment to expected performance levels
- Making sure machines are set up properly and performing optimally and troubleshooting and perform minor repairs and assist technicians & maintenance when they are able
- Working as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
- Cleaning the work area throughout shift to ensure an orderly and safe environment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Work twelve (12) hour rotating shifts that include weekends, holidays and overtime in a hot, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Work around dust, chemicals, and other substances
- Lift and pull up to 50 lbs.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year of experience in a mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, farm/ranch, construction, warehouse or military environment
- One (1) year of experience operating hand tools or material handling equipment
- One (1) year of experience utilizing computers systems (word, excel, and/or internet)
- Must be able to read a measuring tape
What Will Put You Ahead
- Three (3) or more years of experience working in a manufacturing, industrial, farm/ranch, construction, warehouse or military environment
- Three (3) or more years of experience operating hand tools or material handling equipment including hand trucks, pallet jacks, fork lifts and other mobile equipment
- One (1) year of experience operating repairing, maintaining, and troubleshooting mechanical equipment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf